slowing setting off times

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
so ive heard not tried it tho y wud u wanna slow your settin time unless u wanna put stupid ammounts and even then just do a rolling set

Tried it once on some one coat not that it needs it just an experiment was still trying to trowel it up the next night so def works, never tried it with plaster of paris as i usualy want it to go of fast anyway but will give it a go to see.
Lucius.

What a load of crap! why would you want to slow the set down, you have plenty of time any way, either that or put less on if your on your own

hear hear mr dooved makes finish go sort of foamy i know a prick who does it looks shite

how much do you put in? and is it just supermarket stuff

you shouldnt add anything to slow things down...either get quicker lol..or bring in another spread......i do add TDP fibres...to first mix tho..apart from on plasterboard

pftmonojetman said:
What a load of crap! why would you want to slow the set down, you have plenty of time any way, either that or put less on if your on your own

thats the reason its only used on plaster of paris it will give you extra time coz this stuff goes straight away.

I have a house in Fuerteventura in the spanish canary islands and so obviously visit there quite often.
i know the builders out there add goats milk to the plaster to slow it down,although the plaster is different and the temparatures are a lot hotter than in the uk.
I think the plasters they use are called Kola and yeso or yaso

im sure i will at some time mate and would rather put money in youre hand .........whereabouts is it based.......what are the rates......do you have any pics?

skimmin2day said:
I have a house in Fuerteventura in the spanish canary islands and so obviously visit there quite often.
i know the builders out there add goats milk to the plaster to slow it down,although the plaster is different and the temparatures are a lot hotter than in the uk.
I think the plasters they use are called Kola and yeso or yaso
that sounds really baaaaahhhhhhhhdd

Interesting fact, cream of tartar comes from the baobab tree in Southern africa and tastes pretty damn good off the tree. ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.