Slow down ?

megamix

Priced up a few jobs for builders recently which were accepted. On a couple of occasions I’ve got the job done in half a day . Then they say you got that done quick how much do I owe you ? And I’m like it’s what we said . For some reason it’s like they are expecting me to charge less because I got it done early even though they accepted the original price . Should I drag the day out ?

Priced up a few jobs for builders recently which were accepted. On a couple of occasions I’ve got the job done in half a day . Then they say you got that done quick how much do I owe you ? And I’m like it’s what we said . For some reason it’s like they are expecting me to charge less because I got it done early even though they accepted the original price . Should I drag the day out ?
No, work to your own pace, you get payed to turn out the work to a good standard.

The price is the price, he wouldn’t give you extra if you stayed on or had to go back an extra day.

I've had that from builders years ago . Why you going to do in the afternoon start somewhere else . I don't think so

I've had that from builders years ago . Why you going to do in the afternoon start somewhere else . I don't think so
I’ve always been a site lad but went domestic few years ago so I work hard at a decent pace but still leave a nice clean job . Never have any come backs . Thing is a find it hard to work slow . I just want to get job done and f**k off home. Compared to other trades i
Think were good value for money . We work hard

No fucck the greedy c**ts he probably made double what you made

The price is the price, he wouldn’t give you extra if you stayed on or had to go back an extra day.
Exactly. I had this from a customer last year, finished a day early and he asked if it would be less, I asked him if he would have paid me more if I went over.
Then the cheeky t**t asked for a break down of labour and materials on his invoice then dragged my payment out by 2 weeks.
He asked me a month later to replace a length of guttering for him so I said yes for £390 lol needless to say he never got back in touch

Make a deal and do a good job as quick as you can.The price is for what the job is worth.Sometimes when I price a job I’m asked how long will it take,I know the’re trying to work out what I earn so I tell them it depends who I have with me even though I may have no intentions of bringing anyone.

No, u gave price, they accepted,,,,, sounds like some people I don't do work for anymore, they moved goalposts at end of job would accept price then say give me discount.

I'd actually be really happy for the job to be done in half the time and would certainly pay extra as a bonus

No, u gave price, they accepted,,,,, sounds like some people I don't do work for anymore, they moved goalposts at end of job would accept price then say give me discount.

I don't do half days mate.

Anyway, talking like that is what Arabs do. They deserve braining with ... I dunno what. Braining anyway.

Strangely enough I have two hallways (both artex) that need doing, total 20ish sqm, I'm in the middle of no-where but it's such a small job, I can't do it as don't have the scaffolding to do above the stairs, can't win!

I do know @lurpak loves a bit of me artex
Where middle of nowhere

Strangely enough I have two hallways (both artex) that need doing, total 20ish sqm, I'm in the middle of no-where but it's such a small job, I can't do it as don't have the scaffolding to do above the stairs, can't win!

I do know @lurpak loves a bit of me artex

Wasn't it @Vincey the put up a pic of himself standing on a Sparky's shoulders, who was stood on a stepladder that was sat on a plank that was balanced on a stepladder?

Never say never mate. We've all done it.

I need to see this photo!