sleep apnia

hector

so, just been diagnosed with this little gem yesterday,.......anybody any experience/advice about it ,
i have to stop drinking alcohol, no more red wine/real ale/whisky,
i have to lose weight ,currently 16stone 6lb
i have to sleep every night wired up to a cpap machine, while wearing a mask which covers my nose and mouth
and the fun part is ,......i have to do this the rest of my life
so the cheery happy laugh a minute hector you all love , could be soon a right miserable git shortly

so, just been diagnosed with this little gem yesterday,.......anybody any experience/advice about it ,
i have to sleep every night wired up to a cpap machine, while wearing a mask which covers my nose and mouth
so the cheery happy laugh a minute hector you all love , could be soon a right miserable git shortly
Wait till recession.

Joking apart that's s**t mate sure you learn to live with it. What actually is it

This probably explains quite a lot about your outlook on life, you're permanently knackered.
A guy I was friends with had this quite badly. Really worrying considering he drove huge lorries for a living.
His snoring was something to behold.

My older bro has suffered it for years. Got the machine by his bedside to help him breathe. He’s actually gained weight rather than lose it ffs. Poor sleep is a real problem as you get older. I know as I’ve been on the couch for last few hours lol

If you lose the weight and give up all the unhealthy food and drink, this could be a new start Hector.
Some do not get the warning and you are fortunate to be born in a country that can supply the machine you need.

My dogs got it, she’s on tablets for it. Ain’t it u stop breathing in your sleep or something ?

Not the best of news, I know someone who has it, he's mid 70's now and was still driving a lorry most days until last year. Apparently a lot of the lads who do the strong man comps develop it too due to their body mass.
With a few adjustments here and there I'm sure you'll keep on top of it.

I hardly sleep now haven’t for years 4 hours is a good night for me but funnily enough always full of energy don’t seem to bother me as yet may change older I get!

My older bro has suffered it for years. Got the machine by his bedside to help him breathe. He’s actually gained weight rather than lose it ffs. Poor sleep is a real problem as you get older. I know as I’ve been on the couch for last few hours lol
You got lovely pillows though mate . Don't worry I.m off home weekend so you can have ye bed back

I’m a big believer in that you will feel 1000 times better for not drinking alcohol, you can do this hector

Mates got one of those. Carry on aircraft as baggage exempt. Works well although he thought he would never get on with it. Make sure you clean and add the water or whatever it is. Look after it.
As for drink and food and smoking well we all know about that. Up to you what you want to do but sleeping well can dramatically change your life. Well for some.. Loads should seek capa machine but won't. Reason some fall asleep behind wheel or train as too stubborn to get help.. Well don't. Hope it worked out

yes a friend of mine has the same , sleeps with a mask he has put on weight and is alcohol dependent .

Work harder. That will help you sleep and loose weight. Lol

Sorry for the late update , but my friend has slept with a mask for about 4 years , he does not even think about it anymore , he has never said to me that it affects his life in any way , so dont over think it

Feel
Feel for you bud , sounds like your taking all the right measures though. I lost a mate to it 9 years ago, he was heavily (and I mean heavily) overweight. Big drinker and smoker.
Adopt a healthy lifestyle and you'll be right on top of it . Good luck with it

Feel

Feel for you bud , sounds like your taking all the right measures though. I lost a mate to it 9 years ago, he was heavily (and I mean heavily) overweight. Big drinker and smoker.
Adopt a healthy lifestyle and you'll be right on top of it . Good luck with it
thanks oli, sorry to hear about your freind,.......at the start of the year being honest and truthfull i was getting through 6 pints real ale on a saturday,and 3 bottles wine fri/sat every single week, no alco hol at all sun/thurs,i have now got that down to 2 bottles wine a week,have not been in a pub for almost 11 months, and being honest i dont miss it, now it looks like i will be having no alcohol from monday onwards, but thats the way it goes, no complaints no issues, thats the situation and now i have to deal with it, dieting is hard, much harder then i thought,although i have just started a diet this week but i will stick with it,.mask and machine coming tuesday, the rest of my life going to bed every night with a mask on and machine beside me really looking forward to that, but anyhooooooooo thats the way it goes,

Sorry for the late update , but my friend has slept with a mask for about 4 years , he does not even think about it anymore , he has never said to me that it affects his life in any way , so dont over think it
thanks church, hope your freind is okay, and appreciate the advice

Eh up Hector. Was out with my brother in law Saturday evening in Newbury, he told me he's experiencing the same and is looking into the machine thing. I'll let you know how he gets on with it. Hope it's doesn't impact you too much. I've not had a drink in 7 years now, surprising how quickly the body adapts to new way of living. More money for vinyl mate

Eh up Hector. Was out with my brother in law Saturday evening in Newbury, he told me he's experiencing the same and is looking into the machine thing. I'll let you know how he gets on with it. Hope it's doesn't impact you too much. I've not had a drink in 7 years now, surprising how quickly the body adapts to new way of living. More money for vinyl mate

your body is there to protect your brain

2 days after anything

your body works it off
your brain will function full steam ahead.

Hey mate I’ve had this 10 years same as u I’m on the cpap the bottom line with sleep apnea unless treated it will kill you ,

Hey mate I’ve had this 10 years same as u I’m on the cpap the bottom line with sleep apnea unless treated it will kill you ,
johnzo, thanks for reply and comments really appreciate it,.......how do you find the mask/alcohol yes or no,/sleeping improved or not,/etc any comments/advice greatly appreciated

hi squarehead hope you are okay, was it difficult packing the drink in, any advice ideas,keep in touch regarding brother in law, many thanks

hi squarehead hope you are okay, was it difficult packing the drink in, any advice ideas,keep in touch regarding brother in law, many thanks
Doing ok thanks, flatout which is good headache to have. I couldn't give up by myself so I went to AA. It opens up a whole new way of living, not just abstinence. Peeling the onion they call it. Strip the s**t away and build back better. (f**k you Boris but I'll have that phrase) made some good pals there and we look out for one another.

johnzo, thanks for reply and comments really appreciate it,.......how do you find the mask/alcohol yes or no,/sleeping improved or not,/etc any comments/advice greatly appreciated
When I first got it I found it very hard to get used to it .it will take a few weeks I found the pressure that the doc set it too low and I adjusted it higher myself,I don’t drink much but when I have a few pints I find the cpap ok in fairness My sleeping definitely has improved I still wake a few times a night but the sleep I have in between is a good deep sleep ,the mask will dry your mouth out so always have a drink beside the bed ,you will get used to it if asked now would I rather sleep with it or without I would say with it once u get used to it u will definitely feel better and have more energy don’t get me wrong it’s by no means a cure but it will help massively

your body is there to protect your brain

2 days after anything

your body works it off
your brain will function full steam ahead.
Totally agree it really messed up my memory I had to ring the wife on day and ask her how do I get home also my heart started missing beats and misfiring because of it I’m still on beta blockers today because of sleep apnea