Skrim tape existing joins?

Members online

Frack17

Hi all

I know you scrim joins on new plasterboard, but if I’m skimming over existing painted adjoining walls or wall to ceiling, do I need to skrim tape those too?

Thanks in advance

There’s a guy that does a great tape on here for house numbers on wheelie bins! Can’t think of his name Timmy or something :oops:

Hi all

I know you scrim joins on new plasterboard, but if I’m skimming over existing painted adjoining walls or wall to ceiling, do I need to skrim tape those too?

Thanks in advance

I always do.

For what the tape costs, 3p to 5p a metre?

For a better job?

Yes scrim tape internals where the walls meets if doing the ceiling aswell then scrim tape the complete ceiling line and also scrim tape your bead,but this is schoolboy stuff you should know this anyway

Yes scrim tape internals where the walls meets if doing the ceiling aswell then scrim tape the complete ceiling line and also scrim tape your bead,but this is schoolboy stuff you should know this anyway

I know to scrim any new plasterboard joins. Wasn't sure about existing painted plasterboard. I'm only a DIY'er.

Makes a change from breaking your wife in.

F**kin' keyboard warrior.
I was smashing a bit of atm with your mum last night while you was wanking over whether to scrim tape internals or not you f**k**g tight little c**t!!
Pay a tradesman to do the job properly!!