Skirim for aqua panel board

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseyboy

hello
Does anyone use the scrim tape for Aqua panel ?
If so we're do you get it.
I've got a PAREX spec that says scrim all joints
I've never done that before its just been meshed.

we scrim the joints, about 100mm or 4 inch wide blue scrim, it all came with the package that the builder had ordered. the material came from penlaws at eye, suffolk.
keep it neat and tight so as not to put a bump on the board before you mesh over the board.

Last edited:
hello
Does anyone use the scrim tape for Aqua panel ?
If so we're do you get it.
I've got a PAREX spec that says scrim all joints
I've never done that before its just been meshed.

Hi jersey boy

There is a Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Joint Filler Gray compound and Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Tape 100mm that you usually order as part of the board order.....

If you don't have it and are moving onto the Parex Maite base coat and mesh layer soon, cut their mesh to 100mm strips and use the Maite into the joint gap and obto the board face to the 100mm tape width, to hold the 100mm mesh strips over the board joints.

Let this dry before you base coat and mesh the whole area.

Some just fill the board gaps with the Maite prior to the base coat and mesh layer (can be done wet on wet, but board joints will take a little longer to dry prior to finish coat)

Give me a shout to discuss if you want, or mail me

Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

Hi jersey boy

There is a Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Joint Filler Gray compound and Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Tape 100mm that you usually order as part of the board order.....

If you don't have it and are moving onto the Parex Maite base coat and mesh layer soon, cut their mesh to 100mm strips and use the Maite into the joint gap and obto the board face to the 100mm tape width, to hold the 100mm mesh strips over the board joints.

Let this dry before you base coat and mesh the whole area.

Some just fill the board gaps with the Maite prior to the base coat and mesh layer (can be done wet on wet, but board joints will take a little longer to dry prior to finish coat)

Give me a shout to discuss if you want, or mail me

Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk
Ok Richard thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.