Skip hire

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
£140 for a 6 yarder filled with mixed waste, about £120 if it's rubble only:RpS_thumbup:

Ok, I'm being charged 220 plus vat for an 8 yarder, maybe I could get a better deal

Ive phoned round a few places in the past, all around the same price here in leafy letchworth

What are you guys paying for a standared size skip ?

Funnily enough, if its only a small amount of **** I need to dispose of I use a company called GPS they give me free ton bags and pick them up for £40. :RpS_thumbup:

i found a place near to me that for clean hard core i can tip up to 5 ton for a fiver, so thats what i do and still charge the client for skip hire. The bad thing is that at the moment my trucks off the road and theres not much you can get in a wheelbarrow and my feet are tired.

Yeah local farmers are handy to know for taking rubble, although one wanted £40 off me........"for the tyres like" :RpS_thumbdn:

If its only a van full you can get a free waste permit through your local council one per month & you can tip what you like as long as you describe it on your permit. This comes in handy for smaller jobs.

its about £300 for an 8 yrd in london, the licence can be very expensive. so some get a wait and load

The skip hire co I use says to put all the gypsum and plasterboard on one side of the skip, it can be sorted back at the yard.

Don't bother sorting it all one price down here but have to put plasterboard seperate normally cept one company here lets u chuck it in if its old stuff,all new board and off cuts seperate bin, but I just take that to the council dump when I got time

We get away with murders too , but my uncle in Basingstoke has to have separate skips for all, new sites though mind,

Yeah local farmers are handy to know for taking rubble, although one wanted £40 off me........"for the tyres like" :RpS_thumbdn:

I know one who was doing this with a local skip company but they were burying asbestos the farmer and the skip guy are expected to be banged up this year and the skip guy has had his speed boat, ferrari and a range rover sport confiscated bless him

skip got changed at our job today and the driver tried to get me to pay cash, to which i told him to fack right off its not my job but when i looked at the reciept it was £228 for a 6 yarder

yeah weve had a grab lorry in the past but i couldnt stand looking at the pile of shite just lieing there cos the grab lorry only take a whole lorry load obviously so it had to build up till theres enough

Status
Not open for further replies.