Skimming tapered edge boards on new build sites with multi finish,why ?Square edge with board finish

Members online

Plaz38

Why are these contractors who win tenders use tapered edge and nulti finish,it,s all gone to hard not smart?

Do you mean you're trying to sand their multifinish?

or do you mean they're working harder than if they just tape&jointed it?

Do you mean you're trying to sand their multifinish?

or do you mean they're working harder than if they just tape&jointed it?
I think he's asking why they're using tapered edge board instead of square edged. Unfortunately the knobs at @BritishGypsum don't make some of their boards in square edge for some reason?

I find that the trouble is if you have the plasterboards sent out on the builders merchants lorry. They will load up tapered edge boards as they want to find a sucker that will accept them.

What?
Read / Think/understand

1) Limitations of the English language (more than one possible meaning for the exact same words).

2) You're logged-in as a 'new member', so you could be anywhere from a DIYer to a retired time-served spread in his 70s

1 + 2 = Many possible interpretations of what you typed.

So no need to get snarky - I wasn't snarky with you (y)

Very good grammer,
I was only stating the obvious going on these days.
My appologies to you.
I have had to open a new account due to login problems.
38 yrs in this trade and going strong due to my methods of work,
My first account in the name of Omz from Cardiff.

",it,s all gone to hard not smart?" please explain, obviously I'm too thick to understand this?

(I'm an old ex-QS - we were told that tapered boards meant you could bury the tape and get a flush finish to skim over)- then someone came up with paint-on no plaster finishing.

Taprered edge for jointing not skimming as when bedding tapes on they can float or shrink back even after coating out.
To work smart is to be organised with all setup and lay on quickly amd even ,but this comes from many years of perfecting.
I can lay on 5 bags per set 2 sets per day which is controlled by experience.

This is why the trade is in trouble,person like you have come and gone and a mixture of old and new is the smart way.
Back at it tomorrow you cut your grass as it,s getting in your eyes .

If you meant that comment to myself - I'm still working and don't have any problem with change and new methods, and like to keep current. Which, besides the Crak, is why I'm on here.
I asked because as Make it Smooth stated, your poor wording wasn't understandable - rivals John but he gets slack/abuse because he's a Yorkshire man.
If you can do 10 bags a day fair play to you, I couldn't and it's not my thing.

@Plaz38 imkeen to hear more about this 5 bags a set 2 sets a day... very impressive!

Are you a one man band or do you have someone mixing up / loading hawks whilst you slap it on?

Evening Plaz38,
Yes i have a good ex army lad that i am training.He preps all skim areas and mix setup.we mix in a lage putz tub on a trolly where he loads hawk and i crack on.He mist sprays walls after my first flattener and sponge floats ,i let him go infront and follow with my second flattner then just continue until finished with breaks inbetween to allow set to pickup.

Evening Plaz38,
Yes i have a good ex army lad that i am training.He preps all skim areas and mix setup.we mix in a lage putz tub on a trolly where he loads hawk and i crack on.He mist sprays walls after my first flattener and sponge floats ,i let him go infront and follow with my second flattner then just continue until finished with breaks inbetween to allow set to pickup.
So you do 5 bags between 2.

Evening Plaz38,
Sounds like a well choreographed set up You've got going for yourself!

Where are you based @Plaz38 ?