Skimming straight onto wallpaper

You can go over wood chip with airless plaster. Not a product used much though

Can it be done?
Wouldn't the dry wall adhesive really help the multi finish stick to the wallpaper and the triple pva will make sure that wallpaper is glued to the wallforever

3 coats of PVA on wall then make a zombie mix with a 2 litres of PVA and teaspoon of sugar and 2 bags and give it A BIG STIR that should do it

Anybody heard of this method?

My mate told me it can be done and does it regularly when house bashing, he said the key is to triple pva the walls then put scrim down any wallpaper seams using a 50/50 mix of board adhesive and multi finish

Thoughts?

Surely you'd be better covering the existing paper with lining paper? Put it on with a single coat of PVA (saving two coats) and the lining paper will act as a key to skim directly onto which will save buying baord adhesive as well as multi.

Ye my mate doesn't mind cutting a few corners, he openly admits he has never used skrim before and argues that he will be paid before it cracks so it is a waste of time

Believes that customer rentetion is a myth in the house bashing game and its very rare you do repeat work for a single person, unless your working for contractors then and only then will he will use skrim

Lurpak you sound like a cowboy mate bet you've never threw more than 8 mixes a day on
7690e0a4e82b9a629e4faabb976beaf7.gif

Anybody heard of this method?

My mate told me it can be done and does it regularly when house bashing, he said the key is to triple pva the walls then put scrim down any wallpaper seams using a 50/50 mix of board adhesive and multi finish

Thoughts?
god the fact that you are even asking this question baffels me .and as for your mate has he a van or just a horse ,has plastering come to this it seems to me some lads will do anything to turn fast money where has the pride gone