• Plasterboard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solid Walls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philby45

Compelted 45m2 ceiling last week, done lots of work for builder but detected a down turned lip when I told him the price.I've only charged what I normally charge. Had myself and another plasterer and a labourer who's very good at skimming to, just want to know your comments. Deliberately not told you what I charged see if you can guess.

Id charge a minimum of 300quid plus materials for a ceiling that big, 400 all in including removing waste

Nice one freerider, your getting near, all I know my old shoulders hurt after doing it, but that's another debate later Osteopaths.

;) Im same as you mate, no chance I could do it on me own, so two spreads at 150 a day and materials, 400 aint dear, Could get away with a lot more a couple of years ago!

Yea your right there we all need to up our anti to keep us the pay scales we're worth it for the time it takes us to learn our trade and become perfectionist and that dentist, doctors ,plumbers and any skilled person relies on expertease...........Rant over.

No suprise we'd get comments like that? ::)

All the spreads I know, all highly respected and very skilled workers, NONE of them would do a 45metre ceiling on their own, not to a high standard of work anyway!

I for one know I aint dear, so if I can get as much money as you on a job, for less work, and enjoy my job, and not kill myself/shoulders, then all this proves is you need a lesson in business!

Hate this "I can lay 400square miles of skim a day, this makes me more of a man than you and your f**k**g s**t" attitude that always f**k**g crops up in here!

There's a father and son outfit skimmin a job i'm on just now and they done the livin room ceilin in three hits, it's not even that big. Their on eight pound m2. Some of it is rustic. They are from london though but have lived here for years . innit

i dont care how much anyone can do! aslong as you are happy with the money it dont matter. i personally cant skim more than 10m2 in one hit and i charge £200 a day for 2 hits ;D

Freerider_2009 said:

All the spreads I know, all highly respected and very skilled workers, NONE of them would do a 45metre ceiling on their own, not to a high standard of work anyway!

I for one know I aint dear, so if I can get as much money as you on a job, for less work, and enjoy my job, and not kill myself/shoulders, then all this proves is you need a lesson in business!

Hate this "I can lay 400square miles of skim a day, this makes me more of a man than you and your (french word)ing (german word)" attitude that always (french word)ing crops up in here!

its a small day its tops five bags even if you do two hits its a dead easy day and done to a very high standard

rockhardsolidplastering said:
Freerider_2009 said:

Hate this "I can lay 400square miles of skim a day, this makes me more of a man than you and your (french word)ing (german word)" attitude that always (french word)ing crops up in here!

its a small day its tops five bags even if you do two hits its a dead easy day and done to a very high standard

can you put five bags on in one hit?

that aint cheap, but if you could get 300-400 for same job, youd make £70,000 a year, if you think thats not as good as 50grand then your a plonker :p

and yes you could do it in two hits, but thats not the right way to do it! fair play if you can do it in one on ya own, but I cant so I'm obviously only worth 100 a day! ;)

even for 2 plasterers and a labourer its one spread its a 3 1/2 hour job and dont say its not cos u got setting up and cleaning up because you have a labourer to be doing that while your finishing off tbh if you think any different your a fool but fair play if you can get them prices day in day out if you have earned your 70k for the last however many years you have been SKIMMING ;D

its a £360 job imo

napper83 said:
fair play if you can get them prices day in day out if you have earned your 70k for the last however many years you have been SKIMMING ;D

Your missing the point, I personally couldnt earn that sort of money as I aint a super spread that can lay on 100metres an hour, but I can get those prices and do easy days (like the 3/4hour job we're talkin about)

If anyone thinks its better to work your tits off and do the job on ya own and earn the same money as two people taking it easy then that IS foolish, you dont wanna make life difficult for yourselves!

as a one off i'd charge 250 tops labour if its a whole house and youve just done the ceiling and jacked it after a half day 180

45m2 ceiling x 3.oo per M2 = £135 labour only thats a trade price for site if your lucky at the mo
lads i know that work for small builders all the time charge 4.00/M2 so = 180 labour only

Freerider_2009 said:
napper83 said:
fair play if you can get them prices day in day out if you have earned your 70k for the last however many years you have been SKIMMING ;D

Your missing the point, I personally couldnt earn that sort of money as I aint a super spread that can lay on 100metres an hour, but I can get those prices and do easy days (like the 3/4hour job we're talkin about)

If anyone thinks its better to work your tits off and do the job on ya own and earn the same money as two people taking it easy then that IS foolish, you dont wanna make life difficult for yourselves!

if you think working your tits off is doing a 45m ceiling your in the wrong game its a pleasant easy day

i think its a hard day, i do my sets in 4m2 patches . i am finding it going off in the bucket before i have the 4m2 on. what am i doing wrong. i did buy one of those big megamix drills but the mixing thing wouldnt fit in my little mixing bucket. ;D

Id be more than happy with £200 for 2 sets on my own half day,im with rock solid on this one.
If you cant skim 45 in a hlf a day to day,then you shouldnt be dong the job.Harsh but true.
To be honest i think £150 is more the mark for a regular builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.