skimming over woodchip!!!

roryston

Guys I cant get out of it.

The paper will not come off, I cant walk away as its for my mate.

I know its been done and never caused agro. Any advice please I'm shittting myself!

Love you all

the paper will come off, it may be slow. you could slash it with a stanley knife so that a paper stripper can get into it.
if it is a ceiling you could overboard it.
if it is on the walls tell hi to give you a ring when he has removed the paper

Hes tryed everything to get it off, you name it he's tryed.

Hard to describe but imagine trying to strip paint of painted plasterboard.

It doesn't come off without taking the wall with it.

Hes on a understanding that if the plaster takes it off then he will have to get the lot off but honestly guys it ain't moving

Paper tiger and diff solution. It's a shitty job but you've got to get it off. Get a lad to do it for a couple if squid.

I skimmed over some wallpaper thinking it was gloss paint ( just on the top third od the wall)....i posted a thread about it, that was 6 months ago and just been back to his house (the other was a house he was going to rent to his son) to do some ceilings and he never mentioned that it fell off

Guys I cant get out of it.

The paper will not come off, I cant walk away as its for my mate.

I know its been done and never caused agro. Any advice please I'm shittting myself!

Love you all
What area do you have to do?
I had a small wall and struggled removed that stuff..I skimmed a real wet one over it and 20 mins later it peeled off

Just plaster it, personally pre grit it but if it's gonna fail it will be when it's wet and if it fails...... ta bah it's off instead

Blue grit it done it for a couple of builders and in my house still fine. If it falls off blame your mate for not taking it of.

I seen it been gone over loads of times with a spread I used to work with no fear ste sand and pva bang straight on it he said never on a celing though walls only and it's never come off wish it would of done just so I could of told him so lol

I've done it before similar scenario I pva'd the wall then threw a coat of bonding on it then skimmed it never had a call back plus if it does come off after that at least you haven't spent two hours trowelling it .

The best wallpaper stripper out there is skim or pva or both...

If it is not coming off skim it... if it comes off perfect... if it doesn't. ... well warn them of the risks...

I have wasted days of my life stripping wallpaper and the client often hates paying for your time as well....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Put a good sealer over it and crack on done it twice over the years
i,ve used that artex sealer then when its time to plaster a damp roller with pva
job,s a goodun then ride off into the sunset yeehaaa.

Guess what guys.

It came off!

Luckily before I even got the mixing drill pr pva out the van!!

I put the carpet protection down and give the wall a scrape before a pva'd it and guess what......

The paper came off!!

So his misses rang him up screaming at him and he's there now getting the lot off!

First and last ever time I listen to a scaffolder!!