Skimming on paint

Malcolm Tent

Need to skim a couple of walls in a bedroom which has a semi-glossy finish, like a tough resin based emulsion on top of what is probably some fairly old plaster.

The way I see it, I could either run over it with a low grit sander or summut to give a key and then PVA and skim while tacky or coat directly with a bonding agent (I've not used this stuff before) before skimming.

Any thoughts?

Need to skim a couple of walls in a bedroom which has a semi-glossy finish, like a tough resin based emulsion on top of what is probably some fairly old plaster.

The way I see it, I could either run over it with a low grit sander or summut to give a key and then PVA and skim while tacky or coat directly with a bonding agent (I've not used this stuff before) before skimming.

Any thoughts?

Yes...why the f**k a plasterer would need to ask such a basic question...

Next...

Yes...why the f**k a plasterer would need to ask such a basic question...

Next...

Two reasons why zombie....

1. because I'm not a professional plasterer and..
2. because there seem to be conflicting methods depending on whether you read the side of a tub of bonding agent or go to British Gypsum's website.

But not to worry, I'll f**k off to a DIY forum instead to see if someone will give me the time of day rather than wasting time being a sarcastic t**t.

Any thoughts?
Blue grit

2. because there seem to be conflicting methods depending on whether you read the side of a tub of bonding agent or go to British Gypsum's website.

But not to worry, I'll f**k off to a DIY forum instead to see if someone will give me the time of day rather than wasting time being a sarcastic t**t.
People don’t mean anything by it, it’s just the way a lot on here are myself included stick around you’ll see

People don’t mean anything by it, it’s just the way a lot on here are myself included stick around you’ll see
Fair enough...I enjoy plastering and I'm getting better at it. As you all probably know too well, mistakes are time consuming so I thought best to ask the pros before chucking a weekend in the bin.

If it's a forum meant only for professional plasterers that's totally fair enough, but it's not made obvious as far as I can see and from the two actual responses above to my question there's still a difference of opinion, albeit only in which product to use.

FF6A2E37-4BDA-4B45-86D2-FE01CFF7E0E7.jpeg
Job done

On balance for the price, it would seem Bostik is a good way to go.

Saw a comment somewhere suggesting throwing some hardwall into PVA and slapping that on!

I used to coat in artex sealer. Let it dry over night and skim straight on. Done it for years with no problems. Think it's changed its name now to easy primer or something. I'm investigating

Just strong coat

Am i alone in being someone who.s never read side of a pack tub etc . Just gone on what I been told

Just score the walls once sealed with a stanley knife theres your key .. then use the bostic as suggested cheapest easiest method either way they will all take time to go off.

Fair enough...I enjoy plastering and I'm getting better at it. As you all probably know too well, mistakes are time consuming so I thought best to ask the pros before chucking a weekend in the bin.

If it's a forum meant only for professional plasterers that's totally fair enough, but it's not made obvious as far as I can see and from the two actual responses above to my question there's still a difference of opinion, albeit only in which product to use.

Pros?????:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Where? If you find any, kindly give me their number :whistle:

Any thoughts?
Pva and skim the f**k**g walls take couple of hours s**t on all this bond it wait a year then add a Phoenix feather for good peace and luck. f**k you all I say!

@kebab king I think this product is artex sealer rebranded? Maybe. Pva works to but I find it can suck and crack of really dry emulsion I prefer artex sealer. Now called Easifix.. Maybe.. Need to go look and see as I can't get artex sealer anywhere around me now. See here