Skimming on Moisture Resistant Plasterboards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark2010

What does everyone do when skimming moisture resistant boards?

I believe its the only boards you need to PVA before skimming? Im guessing you would PVA them 3-1 then hit when tacky?

cheers

Last edited:
its the only board you need to apply bonding agent to cos theres no suction, not pva, thats for suction control....

although if you wang pva on neat and have it tacky youll prolly get away with it...

BG recomend thistle bond-it but pva does work and i have seen it on site blown off the wall when its not been treated.

you are supposed to use a bonding agent to provide a mechanical key.

I have skimmed plenty and have always just skimmed right over with no problems what so ever.

P.S always price to use a bonding agent and explain that bg insist this is done but dont bother using any ... pocket the difference f.uck em

.. didn't realise it had to be treated with a WBA or similar. I never skimmed onto the green boards but I have one tomorrow.
If you turn up to a job and there was only PVA what would be the best way to use it with the boards?

As rich says just skim it. When they first were getting used on site thistlebond was always provided now nobody gives a ****. Has anyone felt the weight of the 15mm soundbloc mr boards? There a ******* joke

Thistlebond only you bunch of tossers, read the spec,and why skim them no point putting them in the first place.

tell you what you could do....
just skim it as rich says...
then when youve just got it laid down, get some heat in there and turn it up full, you wont get a problem...
finish it, trowel it up... keep the heat on....
then go back day after, walk right up to it and poke your finger right in the middle of the wall, take a picture and post it up here...

..mixed opinions, I think as its only a small job, For now I will use Chris's idea about the putting the PVA on thinly and then leave to go tacky.....

It should be thistle bond it first, it even says it on the back of a bag of board finish.
I've seen it shell off before, as the board is impregnated with silicone.
Up to you mate!

I've used "Thistle bond it" which is blue with aggregate in it for a key. But i'd just skim it as is!

Mainly because a tub of bond it is expensive, you can't skim it the same day and it's a tw*t to skim!!

Hope this helps :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.