1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Skimming internal curves

Discussion in 'The Plasterers Forums Information Guides' started by The flame, Feb 12, 2018.

1. The flame

The flame New Member

Hi Guys , Someone recommended one of those corner pro rubber knives for skimming internal curves , just wondering what the verdict is with you guys, before I possibly waste money on a useless tool . I also heard it's possible to use a bottle. I've always done it free hand but nothing wrong with a bit of experimentation.
  2. Olican

Olican Private Member

IMG_20170830_101410.jpg IMG_20170830_162106.jpg IMG_20170923_143621.jpg IMG_20170923_143550.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Olican

Olican Private Member

4. The flame

The flame New Member

Nice looking plastering there mate . Send us a photo of the tool please or the exact name so I can order one for myself .
    • Like Like x 1
  5. t33ch

t33ch Active Member

Looks sweet!

I use a pool trowel. I've got it really sharp as it blends better; but if I don't concentrate 100% it'll cut up the wall like a pshyco. Reckon a rubber tool would be a bit more forgiving.
    Is it the 'Bat knife' that I've seen on ebay?
  6. Olican

Olican Private Member

7. Olican

Olican Private Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

Those rubber thingymagigs would give you such a tiny little round to look, IMO, daft.
    Either freehand or make a running mould out of a piece of plywood to shape the Bonding and skim with a trowel.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Topspread16

Topspread16 Well-Known Member

Bond out speedskim then skim it freehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mouldyoldspudgun

Mouldyoldspudgun Well-Known Member

11. Olican

Olican Private Member

I won one on here a few years ago, it's listed as a finishing trowel o_O I do like it for internal curves especially where you have 3 opposite angles meeting
  12. Mouldyoldspudgun

Mouldyoldspudgun Well-Known Member

I get that, I tend to use a speedskim then a trowel, when three angles meet I use unthinkable that fits hardest part for me is the very top but if I let it pick up a bit they come out pukka
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Djr

Djr Active Member

I just use my skimming trowel myself 20180209_102854.jpg 20180209_102854.jpg 20171001_123533.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  14. scottie5

scottie5 Private Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Olican

Olican Private Member

Thank you my old bowl of angel delight. That was Esther Ramsons house, remember her. Lovely lady
    • Like Like x 2
  16. scottie5

scottie5 Private Member

The old Doris with the teeth who did thats life and invented 'Childline' ?
    Or am I thinking of a different fella?.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Olican

Olican Private Member

Lol that's the one
  18. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

I think @malc recommended a top of a paint tin, we’ve been doing them freehand lately and ruling/Smoothing off bonding with a Refina spat , skimming normally then trowelling up with the super-flex or plazzi. My mates got a medi on order but I’m making do with the mt flex and Refina plazzi. Don’t use them often but great on curves.
  19. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

I made a template out of plastic to make a curve in a ceiling perfect for an engineer friend of mine ages ago :D Came out lovely and was perfect :D

Another laser project that was :D