Skimming internal curves

The flame

Hi Guys , Someone recommended one of those corner pro rubber knives for skimming internal curves , just wondering what the verdict is with you guys, before I possibly waste money on a useless tool . I also heard it's possible to use a bottle. I've always done it free hand but nothing wrong with a bit of experimentation.
Thanks

The flame

Nice looking plastering there mate . Send us a photo of the tool please or the exact name so I can order one for myself .
Thanks

t33ch

Hi Guys , Someone recommended one of those corner pro rubber knives for skimming internal curves , just wondering what the verdict is with you guys, before I possibly waste money on a useless tool . I also heard it's possible to use a bottle. I've always done it free hand but nothing wrong with a bit of experimentation.
Thanks
Looks sweet!

I use a pool trowel. I've got it really sharp as it blends better; but if I don't concentrate 100% it'll cut up the wall like a pshyco. Reckon a rubber tool would be a bit more forgiving.
Is it the 'Bat knife' that I've seen on ebay?

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Those rubber thingymagigs would give you such a tiny little round to look, IMO, daft.
Either freehand or make a running mould out of a piece of plywood to shape the Bonding and skim with a trowel.

Mouldyoldspudgun

I won one on here a few years ago, it's listed as a finishing trowel o_O I do like it for internal curves especially where you have 3 opposite angles meeting
I get that, I tend to use a speedskim then a trowel, when three angles meet I use unthinkable that fits hardest part for me is the very top but if I let it pick up a bit they come out pukka

Cornelius

I think @malc recommended a top of a paint tin, we’ve been doing them freehand lately and ruling/Smoothing off bonding with a Refina spat , skimming normally then trowelling up with the super-flex or plazzi. My mates got a medi on order but I’m making do with the mt flex and Refina plazzi. Don’t use them often but great on curves.

Danny

Administrator
Those rubber thingymagigs would give you such a tiny little round to look, IMO, daft.
Either freehand or make a running mould out of a piece of plywood to shape the Bonding and skim with a trowel.
I made a template out of plastic to make a curve in a ceiling perfect for an engineer friend of mine ages ago :D Came out lovely and was perfect :D

Another laser project that was :D