Skimming Hardwall

Members online

BigStev3

Morning All,
DIY Dad here. I have used Hardwall in a small area on Monday and now I want to skim it this afternoon (Wednesday). I have applied a coat of 5:1 PVA this morning. I willl apply another coat of PVA, then i will skim when its tacky. Is there anything else needed to reduce the suction or will it still be difficult?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Steve

Tbf if it’s a chase he might be ok with pva but from my experience on hardwall if it’s completely dried out pva v gyprime is no contest

But tbf I use gyprime all the time on most jobs so maybe shouldn’t of commented

Thing I do see all the time I must say is everyone moaning about cost of materials all I do is use the best to enjoy what I do I ain’t concerned about cost tbh and ain’t gonna have 20 miserable years plastering
Life’s to short

Well I’ve been doing it for forty four years and I can honestly say I wouldn’t change it for anything else, I have had some brilliant times met loads of really good people and some T***s, I must just add all my site work was before health and safety went stupid, I’ve worked on some really good jobs and a few s**t ones but they have been mainly domestics apart from a one coat render job we did in Tottenham in the very early nineties. Body is a bit f**k*d now but a lot of that is my own fault when people like my old man told me not to kneel in wet floor screed and I thought what do you know father your old

Tbf if it’s a chase he might be ok with pva but from my experience on hardwall if it’s completely dried out pva v gyprime is no contest

But tbf I use gyprime all the time on most jobs so maybe shouldn’t of commented

Thing I do see all the time I must say is everyone moaning about cost of materials all I do is use the best to enjoy what I do I ain’t concerned about cost tbh and ain’t gonna have 20 miserable years plastering
Life’s to short

Does TBF mean ...thebigfanny ??
And TBH mean ....thebrownhole ??
Read your quote back Pete.