Skimming Hardibacker boards?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy

I've heard that it's possible to skim hardibacker but I can't find a definitive answer on the best way to go about it - anyone got any experience advice on the subject?

Cheers.

I have done this a few times myself but used Thistle Bond-it to prime the boards with first.

Cheers for the response mate, the architect at the job seemed to think you could bond and skim it but I just wanted a second opinion.

the architect is a knob, hardibacker 12mm boards are for wet areas only like around shower/bath areas. Its a tile backing board for tiling and tiling only.. its got similar properties to the moisture resistant PB which is also not primed and designed for tiling.

skimmed them last week.dryliner boarded wrong area of bathroom with it.3 coats of pva.told builder should`nt really skim on them but he said go for it.no probs as yet

This is ****** up this. No wonder ure calling yourself cowboy

the architect is a knob, hardibacker 12mm boards are for wet areas only like around shower/bath areas. Its a tile backing board for tiling and tiling only.. its got similar properties to the moisture resistant PB which is also not primed and designed for tiling.

Why the such abusive responses? Doesn't show plasterers in a very good light :-(

The OP was merely asking a question and I have found this page because I am asking the same. To correct, Hardi-backer is NOT just for moisture areas, it is used as a fire retardant covering also, instead of plasterboard. Hence the enquiry as to whether it can be skimmed.

Just checked Hardi-backer website and yes, it can be skimmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.