Skimming ceiling

CocoChanel

Got a guy who’s coming to skim my living room ceiling. It’s concrete one in bad condition not the original ceiling itself but the stuff that was put on over the years I.e. old plaster and paint. His gonna prep it one day skim it another. Want idea on how a professional would go about doing it. Where is the best place to find builders seems like they all claim to be professionals.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Got a guy who’s coming to skim my living room ceiling. It’s concrete one in bad condition not the original ceiling itself but the stuff that was put on over the years I.e. old plaster and paint. His gonna prep it one day skim it another. Want idea on how a professional would go about doing it. Where is the best place to find builders seems like they all claim to be professionals.
You're tackling this back to front you numpty.

Monkey Boy

There are a couple of threads recently with this same scenario
Forgive my cynicism; Your not the same person again are you?

Brumguy

ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

CocoChanel

Well are you plasterers that give advice. Wanted to make sure his doing it right way. I’ve had so many different opinions. Was going to try doing it myself by just filling it and painting it better leave it to the professionals.

LPS

Well are you plasterers that give advice. Wanted to make sure his doing it right way. I’ve had so many different opinions. Was going to try doing it myself by just filling it and painting it better leave it to the professionals.
I vote you do this.. You seem like a competent person... Have a crack and send us pics after #ratemyceiling