Skimmed a artex ceiling with out unibond it

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldschool

Working on social housing kitchens. Thought I had unibonded the artex ceiling and just jumped straight on it, it wasn't so heavy and it didn't seem to suck in at all , and turned out nice, will i get away with it?.

no you wont get away with it! i didnt suck in because it was covered in chip fat :RpS_lol:

To be honest with you after 1 hand board of skim I realised but then thought oh **** it I had loads on in that day baby kept me up all night A moment of madness :(

We all make mistakes, a re-skim may be in order. Just say you used uni-finish quoting the "no need for PVA" slogan ;)

What i would like to know is if a messy as fook labourer gets splashes of gear all over the place and says nowt till its gone off, the dried splashes are a right pain to get off yet, skim something without PVA and it will fall off effortlessly within a few days.:RpS_lol: (yes i've had some one mixing for me the last few days)

Dont fret bout it .....i done it once years ago ...forgot:RpS_wink:

Stuck like **** to blanket so to speak!:RpS_thumbup:

Bout 6 weeks later it cracked and fell off:RpS_thumbdn:
As said, done it before...........once:RpS_thumbup:

hope you set a new record..6 weeks to beat:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
To be honest with you after 1 hand board of skim I realised but then thought oh **** it I had loads on in that day baby kept me up all night A moment of madness :(
So if you realised after I hand board full you hadn't glued it , why didn't you stop scrape of that little bit of skim and pva it instead of hoping it will stay up without any as it will be down and don't look good on you then

Everyone on this thread don't no what there talking about. I never use pva on artex and never have a problem. The trick is don't answer to phone when the client rings back. Thanks davethedog for taking me under your wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.