Skim over Artex query

Members online

Ralphyboy

Just been to price a job up pretty straightforward.
Stipple Artex to skim over but noticed on area above shower cubicle damp marks(see picture)
Customer says was a leak in roof but cured now and he'll just paint over this area with a damp sealing paint before I come!!
Two things,shouldn't this be done after I've scraped back the stipple and is there a chance the pva will react to his paint depending what he uses?
Advise would be much appreciated thanks
20190926_151417.jpg

Have had exactly that , all peeled off mid set , the rest of the house was no problem
Its a gamble and zombie is right
I've posted before about these dodgy situations and an alternative ( bodge , for skint customers ) , double visit skimming ,

Wouldn’t need to scrape that just go straight over it.

However. Over-board as stains will just come through otherwise

I’d over board it, I’ve had it bubble on me twice popped the bubbles and the lots peeled off. After the second time I swore any after would be overborded, if the customer wants pva to keep cost down walk lol

I'll have to quote for over skim as he's had the other ceilings in his house done that way & doesn't want overboarding but I'll have put an nb on that I can't guarantee that the stains won't come through in time
Thanks all for advise

I'll have to quote for over skim as he's had the other ceilings in his house done that way & doesn't want overboarding but I'll have put an nb on that I can't guarantee that the stains won't come through in time
Thanks all for advise

Dont let jim start painting damp sealer on its only going to cause you problems.

Looks more like condensation mould to me.

Would be better to clean off with diluted bleach and left alone imo!

Thanks all for advise
You'll have to skim over it? Your the plasterer and you don't have to do anything. Tell him it needs overboarding, or you aren't doing the job. It's a sheet of board and would take less time to board than it would to wait for PVA to go off

Stipple Artex to skim over but noticed on area above shower cubicle damp marks(see picture)
Customer says was a leak in roof but cured now and he'll just paint over this area with a damp sealing paint before I come!!
Two things,shouldn't this be done after I've scraped back the stipple and is there a chance the pva will react to his paint depending what he uses?
Advise would be much appreciated thanksView attachment 40117
Id overboard

Give it a go with a scraper, Mt,taping kife, black handle (the mark 1) the best !, oil paint the edges, 20 mins drying time, then pva ! Overboard is a good idea too though!

Advise would be much appreciated thanksView attachment 40117
Just re-read ! It will be loose where its mouldy ! If you do as he suggests, it will probebly collapse mid set !