Skim coat with a clay look

Jashry

I went to visit a few houses during open house and many architects told me that they have been using skim coat to get a clay like finish - they both said it was standard skim coat (first coat) plaster which is the cheapest stuff you can buy at any builders merchant and they said any plasterer can apply this as it’s standard stuff they use everyday. I’m having trouble finding the products and architects don’t like to give away too much information, I’ve attached a picture of one of the walls, it’s a flat finish with a really slight hint of grey. Can anyone help me possibly identify the product ?

Attachments

• 1A2EAE16-1F39-47C1-9F05-4354671FCC3F.jpeg
    1A2EAE16-1F39-47C1-9F05-4354671FCC3F.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 400
I went to visit a few houses during open house and many architects told me that they have been using skim coat to get a clay like finish - they both said it was standard skim coat (first coat) plaster which is the cheapest stuff you can buy at any builders merchant and they said any plasterer can apply this as it’s standard stuff they use everyday. I’m having trouble finding the products and architects don’t like to give away too much information, I’ve attached a picture of one of the walls, it’s a flat finish with a really slight hint of grey. Can anyone help me possibly identify the product ?

This is the product we are talking about.

It is indeed called Skimcoat.

But beware. I don't know of anyone who would be confident enough to leave the kind of finish that wouldn't need painting. Not guaranteed anyway because that's not what it's for.

It's the standard stuff in Ireland.

Skimcoat_Plaster_Bag_1.jpg

He'd have to pay me extra to throw water on a wall lol

Very nice indeed but if the customer advised you that he wanted the whole house done with not a fat mark anywhere because he wasn't planning to paint, how would you respond?

He'd have to pay me extra to throw water on a wall lol

Very nice indeed but if the customer advised you that he wanted the whole house done with not a fat mark anywhere because he wasn't planning to paint, how would you respond?
I'd want more money. And I'd then use a flexible plastic trowel to make sure there was no fat Mark's

Ask them again , properly , their probebly just being smart arses mate !