Skim additive.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
always found knauf works better in multi than bg, used to get some big hits on with knauf! dont think id wanna do it now tho.lol

Try this the other day but forgot what I was suppose to add to it. So guessed and added my ham butties n a mates pack of fags. It was s**t to spread smelt bad but turned out great. Like marbled plaster.

skimmin2day said:
what do you class as a big wall on ur own ? to me a big wall is 15 m long 2.4 high but stil achievable it one hit on ur own if organised. plank the whole length out have ur gear set up in th eright plac e and throw the fu ck er on.
You can always roll the set if its gigantious or two set by a doorway or window.

thats only 36m?? on 1 wall. thats a doddle

Try this the other day but forgot what I was suppose to add to it. So guessed and added my ham butties n a mates pack of fags. It was s**t to spread smelt bad but turned out great. Like marbled plaster.
This wasnt my comment. Its been swopped.

Tried cream of tarter once as an experiment on a ceiling, never again it whent all weird and slid about and just couldnt flatten it properly looked even worse when the strip light whent on.
Lucius

lucius said:
Tried cream of tarter once as an experiment on a ceiling, never again it whent all weird and slid about and just couldnt flatten it properly looked even worse when the strip light whent on.
Lucius

Only put two teaspoons in per bag and a half mixed. This does not affect the plaster and gives you about another 30 mins or so on the set

Years ago this old bloke told me distilled vinegar slows down the setting of finish!
Never tried it though so wouldn't know if it does, it'd stink though :-\

McPlaster said:
To hold skimming back a little for large ceilings or walls for that matter put just a palm full of BG dry wall adheasive in it, goes on nicer too, not too much though or you'll stuggle to get three sets on ;)
try free flo by cementone two cap fulls in the water and mix the gear lite works every time no more than two 8)

georgemealy75 said:
McPlaster said:
To hold skimming back a little for large ceilings or walls for that matter put just a palm full of BG dry wall adheasive in it, goes on nicer too, not too much though or you'll stuggle to get three sets on ;)
try free flo by cementone two cap fulls in the water and mix the gear lite works every time no more than two 8)

Is this true ? I've read this a few times on here

sodium citrate works fine , used it all the time when casting fire surround but water it down before using it , then try a few small test mixes of 1 kilo mixes adding different amounts of mixture and you will get various setting times , choose one that suits you, do not add neat, did this first time i used it and i took 3 week to set

Chris W said:
for really big areas i add 1 sausage and egg mcmuffin, 1 hash brown, 1 large coffee and work like a f'ckin barsteward... ;D

aaaahhaha if its past half 10 and you want an early dart throw a mcchicken sandwitch in itil go off in no time

Status
Not open for further replies.