Skillbuild starts tomorrow

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

level3

I am looking forward to the first heat of skillbuild tomorrow, been entering students for some time but as yet we have been unable to get a first place,, we have had a couple of seconds, so good luck to all the students taking part, I know how much dedication it takes to win :)

Me personally I think it is to difficult in the time allowed six hours, but we will see tomorow:RpS_sleep:

Thanks
Busy day starts at 8.00 ,competition time students start at 9.00, and have to finish by 3.30 seniors,and 2.30 juniors,

I am looking forward to the first heat of skillbuild tomorrow, been entering students for some time but as yet we have been unable to get a first place,, we have had a couple of seconds, so good luck to all the students taking part, I know how much dedication it takes to win :)

good luck :RpS_thumbsup:

Great day at skillbuild one of my lads won fantastic achievement, really proud of him :RpS_biggrin:

We use double profiles on one horse, and the gig stick already attached set to first member of first profile 350mm from centre pin and run each circle separate

Hi Ryan

Use a double profile and run two panel moulds at the same time, also run over 2mtr lengths so you have spare pieces should you break one

That's amazing, it is more complex this year than it has ever been, my students have been entering for the last ten years and something always goes wrong on skillbuild day, this year one on my students on the junior comp drew his center line out of plumb, never ever happened in the practices

Skillbuild is a great competition which develops the students and keeps the skills within the trade

Over the next few months plastering students will be testing their skill against students from other colleges in the regional heats of skillbuild. The winners or students with the highest points will progress to the final

Prior to competition day the student will have spent many hours perfecting their skills and on and skillbuild day they will be tested to the limit and will give it 100% effort to win and claim a deserved achievement

But just take a minute stand back and reflect on the time worry and stress your trainers have been through prior to the competition and also on the competition day, the sense of achievement they get when their students are called out as a top three winner, and the passion they have for the trade and your personal development that drives them on pushing you to gain a winning position.

So let’s thank all the students for taking part and the trainers for having the passion to drive their students to achievement :rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.