Sitework

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorupnorth

Private Member
Was asked to help a plastering contractor out in my area on a persimmon site, they needed to get an house done sharpish, initially i said no , cos i can't be doin with the s**t prices, workmanship, and waiting for mats, contractor said everything is ready, mats are there and prices will be bang on , gets there this morning and was told £1800 for a four bed house on three floors, so i said ok, bye then, he asked me to stop the day so that there was some one on the job and he would pay my day work rate, so we stopped.
Ran outa screws at eleven, so went to the compound for more screws, site agent say's oh they will be here in the morn:mad:, ok then i say , can you get me some water round to the house, not while after two he say's , ok GOODBYE then:RpS_cursing:
Not for me that bullshit, how any one can make money on sites like these is beyond me, now i know why i stoped doing site work :rolleyes)

Im subbing on site at the min and its the same story, global!

Useless feckers that are running most the jobs and are never there plus the prices are shite and fuel is killin us however its all i have at the minute and its better than an average wage im takin in so cant really complain.

Yeah,had all that last couple of days.(mono) Get an area all prepped. Oh lads can ya do this area first,so start trying to prep that and theres two windows missing,stopped that and agent says,can ya maybe do that area first. Fcuk Off!! Why are we first on site and most times last off it? Tight prices and the bullshit that goes with it. For the graft we do we should be the highest paid, but sadly we're not.

hear hear:RpS_thumbup:
dan we need a smiley shakeing his head vigerosly with big wobbly cheeks for our political expressions haha

My mate keeps trying to get us back on site but i am holding on to not going back, plus i lost my cscs card on the piss, i would rather go on the dole bastards are taking the piss, the tables will turn and they can kiss my hairy ass.

We just need better prices mate.

exactly, and that's why i refuse to do it, we could probs make a wage at the price given , if it wasn't for all the bullshit in between, ie tracking down mats, water, joiners, sparky's plumbers etc etc, in the kitchens they had 22mm plastic pipes running up the walls and they expect lads to dot boards over em , absolutely ridiculous , something needs to change , cos we seem to be going backwards in this country

Got a phone call for a roof job, strip and re slate @ over 1000m2 and the QS who was obvioulsy still wet behind the ears asked us to supply for it :RpS_laugh: mentalist

Sitework is the pits can't believe I stuck it for so long!in saying that it does sort out the men from the boys come bunce day!

the only plus with site work is, its regular work,and these days that aint to be sniffed at even if the conditons are often poor.

exactly, and that's why i refuse to do it, we could probs make a wage at the price given , if it wasn't for all the bullshit in between, ie tracking down mats, water, joiners, sparky's plumbers etc etc, in the kitchens they had 22mm plastic pipes running up the walls and they expect lads to dot boards over em , absolutely ridiculous , something needs to change , cos we seem to be going backwards in this country

Bang on mate , problem is most main contractors dont give a **** because they know that if your established , well run honest , decent paying company dont do it , some 10 to a room , no overheads , no hanging around to sort out problems type will

Isn't site work the birth of work? Don't get it when people say I don't do site work what do you do plaster fields?

On site today was a nightmare, we are doing an alumasc job and started scrimmin the back section of the house bout 40m then the next thing the roof was being stripped above us, shite flying all over the place bits of tile batton etc so moves round the front and started there next squad starts the same there, if it's not bad enough with the weather, prices being shite there are halfwits chuckin stonewalds about like we werent even there, boy running the job is a plank as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.