Site work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn up on site to do high build textured ceilings 7.15am. Was told the materials are there. I ring all three gaffers no answer! So I tape all joints up then give them a nothing ring still no answer!!. Tell the site agent I'm off home he rings them still no answer! Then the agent says you can't do them ceilings just yet as needs some timber and extra cladding going on! Chippy who is doing that says I'm busy and then going for a break! So get fcuk! At this time is 11am!! Gaffer rings me and says materials will be half an hour! I say I'm going!! Site agent kicks off at me! Then half hour later materials arrive but no roller to do the texture! Gaffer says travis perkins is 4 mile away I ain't got time then he fcuks off!!!! I then say to agent this is a joke I'm off!!! He says I get you a roller and I'll sort you out. Another half hour wasted! He turns up with roller at 1.30pm I do the job then the fat twaat moans to my gaffer cus I got a little bit on some brick work !!!!!

Glorious sun shiny day wasted, days like this are nearly harder than actually doing a days work. Hope u still got paid?

Sounds about rite, I did site work none stop for the last 15 years, glad I'm out of it now, the sites are ran by site agents who ain't got a clue most of the time and you get dictated to by idiots, and they stopped me using my crates to stand on, do they not realise they are like my family and a part of me :RpS_biggrin:

I would blame all four of you, you,the builder,the agent and the chippy,wandering around like baby chickens,

Turn up on site to do high build textured ceilings 7.15am. Was told the materials are there. I ring all three gaffers no answer! So I tape all joints up then give them a nothing ring still no answer!!. Tell the site agent I'm off home he rings them still no answer! Then the agent says you can't do them ceilings just yet as needs some timber and extra cladding going on! Chippy who is doing that says I'm busy and then going for a break! So get fcuk! At this time is 11am!! Gaffer rings me and says materials will be half an hour! I say I'm going!! Site agent kicks off at me! Then half hour later materials arrive but no roller to do the texture! Gaffer says travis perkins is 4 mile away I ain't got time then he fcuks off!!!! I then say to agent this is a joke I'm off!!! He says I get you a roller and I'll sort you out. Another half hour wasted! He turns up with roller at 1.30pm I do the job then the fat twaat moans to my gaffer cus I got a little bit on some brick work !!!!!
Having some thing to moan aboot probly keeps the fat twaat in a job..

Finished with site work!!

turned up monad to dot & dab 3 walls with a skim finish only to argue with the foreman about who getting materials (me or client) anyway after 3 hours of phone calls and bitching they end up getting me materials, so it's 11am...... Area manager turns up and starts bitching at me sayin it needs to be finished by 12 as the chippy coming in!!

Head ad was starting to go now........
any way cut out boards, dot & dabbed a 25m2 wall with window and counter included plus just finished skimming it,

whilst dabbing other wall I sees the plumber hit the edge of my wall and knock the beading off, only for him to say to me " oh mate your bead just fell off" heads gone

so after gripping the sly little pipe fluxer and threating his life foreman runs over calls the plumber a dick for smashing my work and asking me to calm down (with a few French words)

anyway done the job and next day gets phone call..........sparkies ladder has falling against plaster and damaged it could I come fix!!!!

Two ow words was my reply.......and the second one was OFF!!!!

Finished with site work!!

turned up monad to dot & dab 3 walls with a skim finish only to argue with the foreman about who getting materials (me or client) anyway after 3 hours of phone calls and bitching they end up getting me materials, so it's 11am...... Area manager turns up and starts bitching at me sayin it needs to be finished by 12 as the chippy coming in!!

Head ad was starting to go now........
any way cut out boards, dot & dabbed a 25m2 wall with window and counter included plus just finished skimming it,

whilst dabbing other wall I sees the plumber hit the edge of my wall and knock the beading off, only for him to say to me " oh mate your bead just fell off" heads gone

so after gripping the sly little pipe fluxer and threating his life foreman runs over calls the plumber a dick for smashing my work and asking me to calm down (with a few French words)

anyway done the job and next day gets phone call..........sparkies ladder has falling against plaster and damaged it could I come fix!!!!

Two ow words was my reply.......and the second one was OFF!!!!

That all sounds about right! I really can't keep doing this shiiiit it's enough to give me a nervous breakdown!

That's one of the reasons I left site work, people trying to talk to you like a dick I lost count of the times I lost my head had to get out before I killed some ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.