Votes: 0 0.0%
  • domestic

• done a course and blagging what i can

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do both but would much rather do domestic. I used to really enjoy it on site but find all the health and safety stuff ridiculous now

Deffinately domestic!

The absolute twattyness that goes on with site work is a f*ckin joke. the HSE are a bunch of pricks only interested in keeping themselves employed so they keep coming up with new bullshlt.

Builders are the f*ckin scum of the earth too.

I'd rather work at Mcdonalds than on site.

site work anyday, done domestic for 10 years. make more onsite and less hassel. but we only machine now so it would be a bit patching someones kitchen with a G5. ;D ;D

f**k domestic ill take he half hour induction and getting told i need to put something on by some cnunt straight out of college and i dont need to take 2 hours a day clening up

barryed said:
I do both but would much rather do domestic. I used to really enjoy it on site but find all the health and safety stuff ridiculous now
allways domestic you can earn more cash if your clean

marleymoff said:
barryed said:
allways domestic you can earn more cash if your clean

please introduce yourself marley ,or the the natives will eat you alive lol

we've been working on site today at warwick university. patching hundreds and hundreds of 4 inch square holes. one on every single wall in every room, corridor, toilet everywhere. they had to test it all for asbestos. the bloke came up to us at 2pm to ask if we'd be inducted. we said yes. then he asked if we'd been made aware of the asbestos. we just said well we've been here since 8 so its a bit late now. then he told us how its in certain places and we wouldnt be anywhere near them but had to tell us anyway. works work though at the minute

I have just had 3 wks of site work I thought I was a robot to many regs did like the crack with lads that was the best part. Its domestic for me every time, but that can have it draw backs its not all plain sailing.

spunky, on site do people generally do 3 sets or 2?

60 metres in two sets would prob be my limit, but obviously 3 sets of 20m is a peace of piss!

3 x 30m sets for a 90m day though, itd kill me, id do it for £10 a metre :D

we're on site at the minute and we are doing 5 sets a day. granted its all patching and 1 set lasts an hour or so.

Freerider_2009 said:
spunky, on site do people generally do 3 sets or 2?

60 metres in two sets would prob be my limit, but obviously 3 sets of 20m is a peace of (french word)!

3 x 30m sets for a 90m day though, itd kill me, id do it for £10 a metre :D
do what you want you fuking t.w.a.t ???

how many holes you filling in a day then dude? from my experience id much rather plaster a big old wall than fill a few holes, never seem to fill as many patches in a set as you think you can

Would they generaly be big surfaces then? I think I'd strugle doing that in domestic. My limits about 1 ceiling and 2 walls (40m) max in an 8 hour day. But that includes sheeting up, pvaing etc. No labourer either.

put it this way, they had to test every single wall for asbestos. so every wall has a 4inch square hole in it. there are between 4 and 6 walls in every bedroom. 4 in every toilet and shower room. there are over 300 bedrooms. 3 kitchens, half a dozen shower rooms and about 10 toilets. plus any in the halls, all the way down the stairs. plus any chases the sparkies have made. they are changing every single window and sill changed aswell so we have to patch up around them. alot of the bedrooms have 2 windows. the halls have loads all the way down. then add in the fact that because of other trades we cant do a room out in one go. we have to do bits here and bits there. its a bit tedious but its work mate. day rate and not a bad wedge and we've just found out that because the dryliners cant come back to do the second coats on the ceilings, they want them all skimming.

Freerider_2009 said:
nice, 5 sets, 30m a set, 150m a day, £10 an hour, £1500 a day :D loaaaadsa moneeeeeey!

i think your getting your price per m2 and your hourly rate mixed up fella. on the other hand you taking anyone on at minute? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.