Site welfare..

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeadams1985

Private Member
How many jobs do you find yourself on where the property has been gutted and there's no bog? Obviously this is just domestic as h&s would have a field day if that was on a commercial site. Is the house owner responsible to provide these?
I don't mind going in the gird and behind the shed or what not but not ideal and I find it all to often. Spend 8 hours a day on a job and they haven't got a toilet. And if they do there's no door or anything haha.

yep small site im on , no toilet , just go where you cant be seen :RpS_blushing: if you need a poo well its hang on or rush home , not good i know

Aye some times its hard mike , just try get the bathroom plastered asap :RpS_thumbsup: i dont think the customer has a duty to us ........

How much more work have you got there? If it's lots then get them to source a portable toilet, they shouldn't object I would have thought.

was working on a site years ago with no toilet,, it was a saturday morning and me and the other spread were the only 2 on site,, when he needed a poo he thought he would be ok going in a bucket in the garage , next minute the garage up and over door shoots up and standing there looking in is a female estate agent showing a family round (mum dad and two kids),, all he could do was carry on and say good morning,,, i still laugh when i think about it even after all these years :RpS_biggrin:

I have in the past Av dump in a rubbish bag then chuck it on the skip or someone else's skip on the way home:RpS_thumbup:

when you've gotta go, you've gotta go
I had a similar story as your garage one,I was upstairs aving a no2 in a bag tucked inside a bucket , when I heard voices downstairs,I stood up quickly and covered my legs in sh it

Last edited:
We always had a sh!t in an empty bag then launched it wherever we could.
Once on a job where we were re-boarding ceilings and before we got started the spread who's job it was needed a dump and asked us to keep out of the room he was using. No problem. Anyhow we went downstairs only to bump into the lady of the house and she asked where the gaffer was. ...... "Oh, he's upstairs mrs, back bedroom - get yerself up and see how he's getting on" :RpS_sneaky:
Off she went, swiftly followed by us, and as she entered the room the smell was fkin awful. He'd heard her coming up so he was standing on the scaffold holding a plasterboard to the joists but he wouldn't put any nails into it cos the bag of sh!t was above the board and he didn't want to risk it falling :RpS_lol:
He was there for ages, but couldn't move until she left :RpS_thumbup:

Haha. only a couple days. Not to bother tbh. Just wondered if it was just me.or every e who deals with this.
I can home in on any supermarket bog within 40 miles of home. Just gotta get on with it ain't ya

A lad I was on a job with took a no. 2 in a bucket then emptied the bucket in a bin. Next day the joiner was using the bucket to put all his nails.in! Couldn't help but laugh

yep small site im on , no toilet , just go where you cant be seen :RpS_blushing: if you need a poo well its hang on or rush home , not good i know

Rubble sack in a mixing bucket. I keep a bog roll hanging in the back too

Last edited:
was working on a site years ago with no toilet,, it was a saturday morning and me and the other spread were the only 2 on site,, when he needed a poo he thought he would be ok going in a bucket in the garage , next minute the garage up and over door shoots up and standing there looking in is a female estate agent showing a family round (mum dad and two kids),, all he could do was carry on and say good morning,,, i still laugh when i think about it even after all these years :RpS_biggrin:
:RpS_lol:

a job we was on was coming to an end and the fella running the job had everything taken away appart from his office we went there to do the rendering and the bog was gone, id been out for a curry and beers the night before and was dieing for a macca, the we had the keys for his office which he kept nice and warm at all times by leaving a heater on in there (this was last winter with all the snow) got into the office had a shite in a bucket and of course little bit of wee aswell and just left it in there all weekend to fester, we was done on the job and diddnt have to come back so i thought id teach him for removing the bog.
funnily enough not herd from him again, can you imagin the smell monday morning opening the container office which has had the heating on all weekend with a bucket of richard stored under the desk next to the radiator

worked on a site a few year ago in a gang, one of the old dog plasterers needed a dump so took the empty skim bag option, did his business, rolled up the bag, headed down stairs to one of the Lithuainian Labourers and told him that was for our boss (who was on site at time) and to put it under the seat of his car. Curiousity got the better of him though. :RpS_biggrin:

who was in on here who said there old gaffer when they were learning used to take a shite in a half bag of multi cover it with the dust then tell his to check the open bags for lumps and watch as they got a hand full of macca haha

We go to loads of small builders renovating places with no bogs.

We in the back of the van bag in bucket opinion for me.

haha we had a fella do that on a rendering job in finchley he had a big movano so planty of room for a sit and **** he went in the back with his skimming bucket and an empty bag so we all knew what he was doing, we left it 5 mins then opened all the doors back and side loading which he wassnt to pleased at and to make it worse the road was manic with people cos there was a secondry school at the end and he was parked at the side of the road :RpS_lol:

Last edited:
Why do builders always smash the toilets out ,is it stupidity, when I do a house I always leave one working , I hate jobs where when there is a toilet someone is always working in the fn thing

that said though some workers/spreads are just lazy/dirty feckers, they use any option and there a portaloo on site but probably the other side of site. just durtburds.

when i first started labouring there was a fella who did the carpentry for the firm i was with and he had a shite and a piss in a bucket and just launched the contents off the scaff only problem was the fella who deliverd all the materials to the jobs and did the general labouring was just coming into the job and it went all down his front haha , it was hilarious watching him chase the chippy round the job then stopping for a few wretches then chase him again then wretch again, eventually he fell down a hole gave up and drove home kicking up like a goodun

ground worker that had diarrhoea whilst waiting to get into a job shat himself it ran down his leg out his shorts and straight into his boot when he got in he just emptied his boot and carried on for the day haha.
same job someone waited till the gaffer (who was in a bad mood this day and took it out on everyone) was in the portaloo screwed a bit of 2 by 4 over the door then tipped it over covering the fella inside in almost a weeks worth of crap he came out coverd in blue and skid marks everywhere then just threw up all over the place, job got shut down for that week then and no one got paid for the week, was funny though

When I was leaning my gaffer had gone away for a week n I got put with an old spread we were working on a refurb with no bog and we were floating the house out the dirty old git **** in the bath n mixed said turd through the browning! And on every upward stroke kept singing I think I've **** myself haha he kept saying to me why won't you use the stuff I've knocked up too lumpy for you? He was sound bloke though just a dirty barsteward

and when there is a bog why does no one flush the f**k*r a job i was on in london i went in the bog first thing monday morning there was no light so it was dark started having a piss and who ever went last thing friday diddnt flush it and it fermented all weekend well my piss broke the skin off the top and the smell was soo strong i could taste the piss in the bog i threw up all down the front of myself and all over the floor..........urgh its making me wretch and bringing a lump up in the back of my throat just typing this down, its a smell that never leaves ya

The Monday morning bog hotpot! Horrible I can whiff it now smells like the houses my mate works in with his personal piss bucket up the corner with a head on it

ground worker that had diarrhoea whilst waiting to get into a job shat himself it ran down his leg out his shorts and straight into his boot when he got in he just emptied his boot and carried on for the day haha.
same job someone waited till the gaffer (who was in a bad mood this day and took it out on everyone) was in the portaloo screwed a bit of 2 by 4 over the door then tipped it over covering the fella inside in almost a weeks worth of crap he came out coverd in blue and skid marks everywhere then just threw up all over the place, job got shut down for that week then and no one got paid for the week, was funny though

Times I've done that ,waited for someone to go in a portaloo and either caned it with bricks,( I was careful) or got a lump of 4x2 and smashed the granny out of it:RpS_laugh:

lol :RpS_biggrin::RpS_lol:

i laughed out loud reading some of these posts

worst for me was a horrible little insurance job on a sat morning ad the friday night curry stomach was abit iffy driving to the job

got to the job and was for a hippy sort in brighton and i hunted down the toilet to find it did actully have a proper door just some bead curtain and was no way i was shitting with the customer in the house with no proper door
anyway i preping up got to like half nine and she came in kitchen said im of shopping

i fort bingo made a dash to loo
sat down n it shot out peddle dashed the pan big time
the smell was unbearable
remebering theres no door so smell will be traveling
id been in there less than 5 mins wen hear the door open again

hello im back again im gunna wait till the weather clears

the walk of shame back to the kitchen past her was unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.