Site v domestic

Members online

Cornelius

site work or domestic, which do you prefer? I'm back to site on Monday and I'm looking forward to doing some decent work, only been back at work a few days and I'm pissed off of scraping little bits of wallpaper off or moving furniture or finding somewhere to wash out, and twatting about with dust sheets and being anal about every little spec of dust, skimming around sockets and switches is doing my head in as well, I've just had nearly 3 months off and I need a change already :frio:

I rather site private houses one offs. Domestic is just too easy. And am a lazy c**t lol. But I do all. It's just dealing with different people doing domestic is a pain in the hole.

Domestic isn't easy it's just less meterage, everything else is a pain, filling buckets in baths is another thing that makes my s**t itch

Sites all day. Too much mither domestics

It's a funny one really, because I find site to much mither. I like rocking up in my shorts and t shirt trainers and cracking on without all the hard hat hi vis and boots and h&s bullsh it

It's what we are use to I guess, no right or wrong on this although I'm sure Stuart will be along to disagree with me at some point

Last edited:
I've done my fair share of both and I find the site work to be more interesting, I went down the domestic route to do my own thing but I've realised it's a complete ball ache, give me a few months and I'll be moaning about the site.

I done site for 8 years schools hospitals flats housing estates until recession hit so went domestic can't beat domestic imo I can actually earn more with out all the grief and health and safety I found a milkcrate the other week lost mine a while back it's a pleasure to use with out being told I can't

I done site for 8 years schools hospitals flats housing estates until recession hit so went domestic can't beat domestic imo I can actually earn more with out all the grief and health and safety I found a milkcrate the other week lost mine a while back it's a pleasure to use with out being told I can't

That's why I like one off private houses. No site bullshit. I just do what I like. More money and new build so none of the domestic s**t.

The bigger sites the more stupid the health and safety, I've worked on interserve jobs and you need a permit to use steps??? What the f**k? Not seen a milk crate on a job for years now!

The bigger sites the more stupid the health and safety, I've worked on interserve jobs and you need a permit to use steps??? What the f**k? Not seen a milk crate on a job for years now!
They like hens teeth getting one these days so when I spotted it I knew it was meant to be and got it small things like that make all the difference to me I was on one site in the recession and the job was about 30ft in front of me but I had to go up the safe route to get to job took over 20mins to reach lucky I knew fork lift driver from another job and he took all my tools to the plot oh yeah was also a half day induction with a test at end with no pay that day

What about when customers pop there head round the door and say "would you like a bacon cob and a cup of coffee latte? " :coffe:
I'm a Muslim so don't have bacon and I'm lactose intolerant so only have black coffee :burlas:

domestics are the best jobs. paid quickly, less outlay, more interesting work. returning customers, no tax stoppage, no retention, no h and s, no method statements, no 90 days waiting for payment, no induction site, no programs to bother about.

What about when customers pop there head round the door and say "would you like a bacon cob and a cup of coffee latte? " :coffe:
That never happens about 1 in 100 jobs maybe, there more likely to moan about a footprint on the driveway.

domestics are the best jobs. paid quickly, less outlay, more interesting work. returning customers, no tax stoppage, no retention, no h and s, no method statements, no 90 days waiting for payment, no induction site, no programs to bother about.
That's quite a strong argument you have presented there ! I'm just subbying so don't have to worry about most of that, I get paid every two weeks regardless.

I do domestic, love hate relationship really, depends on the clients.
Money can be good, have to be OCD tho. They soon forget how good a job you did but they will never forget that you messed up their beloved carpet from Kwik-E-Mart

I had a customer email me a while ago having a moan that I left a skid mark in the toilet, there was no lights or windows in the bathroom it was pitch black in there, I didn't think to shine the torch from my phone down the toilet to check

I had a customer email me a while ago having a moan that I left a skid mark in the toilet, there was no lights or windows in the bathroom it was pitch black in there, I didn't think to shine the torch from my phone down the toilet to check

Better than leaving one on a cement bag.

That's why I like one off private houses. No site bullshit. I just do what I like. More money and new build so none of the domestic s**t.

That's what I do mainly. f**k off great houses. Even though they are for building companies/architects, I rarely have to wear hi vis or hard hat and come and go as I please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always preferred domestic jobs, I liked the money and also I quite like the chatter with customers and every day is different :D

That never happens about 1 in 100 jobs maybe, there more likely to moan about a footprint on the driveway.
Don't leave a footprint on the driveway then , I wouldn't like it on my drive and I'm sure you wouldn't :coffe:, I factor all these things in my price, I'll allow a day just to protect things , carpets , windows etc

Yesterday I used my blue shoe wrap protection saves sheeting up everywhere especially going up and down the stairs and are great if you are doing s**t in a few different rooms

Yesterday I used my blue shoe wrap protection saves sheeting up everywhere especially going up and down the stairs and are great if you are doing a s**t in a few different rooms
Why would you do a s**t in a few different rooms?! That's disgusting!

Private newbuilds are best to work on imo. But I'd pick site over domestic, sheeting up etc is a ball ache of a Hassle. I couldn't be f**k*d with that every day.

1.jpg
:bananas: