Site to domestic

Members online

TheRussian

Aup guys.

I'm currently a site spread and just wondering how different is it to do private jobs from site work... I want to start doing some private jobs at the weekends for some extra dough, even if its just the simple stuff like how clean you are when your skimming or finding the work.

Thanks in advance

Aup guys.

I'm currently a site spread and just wondering how different is it to do private jobs from site work... I want to start doing some private jobs at the weekends for some extra dough, even if its just the simple stuff like how clean you are when your skimming or finding the work.

Thanks in advance
It's like site work but you do 1/4 of the work for double the money. Aslong as you've got abit about you you'll be fine. It's the ones that can't engage with potential customers that'll struggle to make the switch

It's like site work but you do 1/4 of the work for double the money. Aslong as you've got abit about you you'll be fine. It's the ones that can't engage with potential customers that'll struggle to make the switch

I have to say the only thing that concerns me is that first customer and doing the first job right and giving the right first impression. I take it il have to buy abit more kit to cover everything up

I have to say the only thing that concerns me is that first customer and doing the first job right and giving the right first impression. I take it il have to buy abit more kit to cover everything up
Don’t turn up to peoples houses wearing ripped Slazenger joggers is a good start!

Domestic’s are nothing like site work. There worlds apart!

This is why I started this thread. Before I decide to full commit to growing myself and my business I want to know what I'm realistically in for. Site work is nice and easy but I believe I'm ready to take the next step.

This is why I started this thread. Before I decide to full commit to growing myself and my business I want to know what I'm realistically in for. Site work is nice and easy but I believe I'm ready to take the next step.

just do a job and see how you get on. No need to commit to a transit custom yet!

Just think what you’d want from someone coming into your own home to do work. It takes longer because you can cause almost cause as much work as the job you’re asked to do if you don’t think it through and damage stuff. Make sure you have insurance.

Yeah I can see how that could easily happen, what level of insurance have you got I've already got public liability so I'm guessing I can just bolt on to that.

Yeah I can see how that could easily happen, what level of insurance have you got I've already got public liability so I'm guessing I can just bolt on to that.

£500.

can’t remember off top my head but it’s reasonably substantial. Never claimed yet though touch wood. As long as you can read people and don’t bullshit people then you’ll be ok.

Tbf I always thought I was a filthy c*** when skimming until I split a house with some geezer who is apparently swamped with his own jobs and I s**t you not he knocked up 5 bag gauge and 2 bags of it was on the floor! The most mess I make with a 4 bag gauge is a hawk full on the floor!

Good luck mate , tbf right now I’d say site work is king but you can do anything you want just put mind to it , I’m going through transitional period myself atm , nothings easy , but no pain there be no gain as they say

Forget about how many metres . When you look at a domestic job . Say it's a bedroom , I'll sheet up, pva lid first, masking tape all edges.fix beads ,pva walls , set up gear have sandwich, lid will be dry ,scim lid , next day do walls , clean up and Hoover. Price accordingly ,me ,/£480. You don't need to be the best spread in the world but you must be very clean , and friendly. And don't bring a labourer that will feck the whole job up.

Forget about how many metres . When you look at a domestic job . Say it's a bedroom , I'll sheet up, pva lid first, masking tape all edges.fix beads ,pva walls , set up gear have sandwich, lid will be dry ,scim lid , next day do walls , clean up and Hoover. Price accordingly ,me ,/£480. You don't need to be the best spread in the world but you must be very clean , and friendly. And don't bring a labourer that will feck the whole job up.
Bob on that pal.