Site Plasterers required for contracts in North West and nationwide

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see the standard of work Nicm.
To be honest the work I've seen on estates in Ireland is the worst I've seen in my life, I've yet to see a stop bead used on a bulk head on a staircase for example, just a skim bead belted in as tight as possible and then a Belcast out to it... (That's my favourite eg.) God damn awful.

They are probably like @Rigsby mate off the other thread, bone idle or useless, or what's most likely not good enough to make a fist of it on their own.
You are right it is awful.I worked on sites years ago but I'm happier doing private jobs,kept going and I know the jobs good.

Small domestics should always be supply & fit, small jobs you can't have them knowing what you are earning down to the last fiver.

Everything takes a day in our trade, by the time you set up, clean up, and get to another job, what are you going to earn elsewhere??
You have a good point there.After a few experiences I swore I'd never supply again even a nail.

For an average one of 5 or 6 boards(already slabbed and they supply skim) I'd be lucky to get 120 euro.Fair play to you if you can get more,do you not get the "it only took you two and a half hours bull..it?".

I always supply materials so they don't have a clue what I make

You are spot on its a free country (of sorts) so I can also post my dislike to it.
Why you would think I'm a contractor employing many I have no idea and nor do I see the relevance. When I use guys it's on a day rate basis.

From what I can see only 3 or 4 guys on here disagree with me whilst the majority agree, and for the life of me I do not see why any plasterer would not want better rates.

I think @owls was being tongue in cheek saying your a contractor but as your such a pioneer for top rates would you be willing to divulge what you pay blokes on said day rate

Steve x

I think you will.i will pm you the rate I'm getting on 2 site's.
1 site -28 houses
2 site-25 houses
Answered. We're a partitions and ceilings firm. Wouldn't bother with the skimming only its part of the package. House bashing will differ all ours is schools, offices, apartments etc. the money is made on the metal, boards, grid and SFS skimming is merely a part of the package. Problem being there's that many painters that tape now who work for monkey nuts painting, that skimming/taping is over swamped

I think @owls was being tongue in cheek saying your a contractor but as your such a pioneer for top rates would you be willing to divulge what you pay blokes on said day rate

Steve x

Yes I would of done but for the pathetic kiss so I'll treat it with the respect it deserves, absolutely none

Argument? Don't be silly boy its a discussion theres no win or loss just different points of view

First one was a mistake. Second one was cus i know you don't like it from the last thread. This ones for free xx

Site work and domestic are two completely different things @gps the rate on sites is low but there's no dealing with customers, waiting on money, pricing, covering furniture etc. Margins on sue are tight and your talking usually 60 days till you see a payment. Skimming has killed plastering because a lot of painters can tape to a standard and painters work for peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.