Site Plasterers required for contracts in North West and nationwide

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesero

Experienced plasterers required for North West based contracts.

Must hold relevant categorised current CSCS Card.

Pasma and IPAF advantageous.

Please contact J. Gillespie for details – 01706 830876

Experienced plasterers required for North West based contracts.

Must hold relevant categorised current CSCS Card.

Pasma and IPAF advantageous.

Please contact J. Gillespie for details – 01706 830876
Hi I am based in the midlands but can travel what sort of work and prices please

I don't get why people take the piss or comment on the rates offered, if your interested get in touch or if not why the need to say anything.

I'll tell you for why when you have people offering rates of 2.20 it is nothing short of a piss take and should not under any circumstance be applauded, it is utter b*ll***s these rates being offered so the need to say something is to shame and discourage it in the hope that no one takes up the rate forcing it to go up, it may never happen but the say nothing and just do it attitude will never see it happen. So that's why to get a fairer rate for a good days work

I no a guy who's main contractor for strata homes
Is rates are 1.80m2 skim
£2.00m2 dotting
He has 30+ men
Wtf why would they work for this, and most of strata are 3 story houses

That's the first time I've EVER seen dot & dab rates bigger than skim, what's all that about??
To be honest those rates are dreadful & they would find better within an hours drive no matter where they lived, maybe they are just feckin useless???

Simple really.....lads have kids/mortgages/nursery bills etc.

Id rather work and give my kids a decent standard of living than do nothing.
Do you not think they would be better off working in lidl then working for low rates like that. They could give there kids a better life working in lidl.

Do you not think they would be better off working in lidl then working for low rates like that. They could give there kids a better life working in lidl.
Sometimes lads who have a wife with a decent job are happy enough to tip along for a moderate wage if the works near home with few expenses.Compare say London to a small town somewhere,the cost of living is completely diffrent.personally I think a lot of plasterers in Ireland especially get r.de by builders and subbies.look what a plumber would charge for a few hours on a Saturday morning,maybe 200 to 250 euro.If a plasterer looked for that say to skim a ceiling the guards would be called.It's the only trade where the tradesmen themselves are to blame for the low rates because so many accept so little.Theres a site near me that was not completed in the boom.Only 7 houses left to do.A gang from a northern county are plastering them on price.I know what they are getting because I know the builder well and would'nt work for that.They start at 8am on Monday and practically live on the site until Friday evening,working till 9 or 10 every night.Thats the way it here and around Dublin.

I'll tell you for why when you have people offering rates of 2.20 it is nothing short of a piss take and should not under any circumstance be applauded, it is utter b*ll***s these rates being offered so the need to say something is to shame and discourage it in the hope that no one takes up the rate forcing it to go up, it may never happen but the say nothing and just do it attitude will never see it happen. So that's why to get a fairer rate for a good days work
If no body replies they'll soon get the message won't they,and it's a free country people can advertise what they want. It's market demand the rates are low because there's an abundance of plasterers, there's an oversupply.
If lads commentate on rates offered it will discourage anybody regardless of what they are offering putting up offers and then the forum just dies doesn't it.
I take it from your stance that your a contractor employing many and offering 4 quid a metre then, and making a difference bringing rates up.

Sometimes lads who have a wife with a decent job are happy enough to tip along for a moderate wage if the works near home with few expenses.Compare say London to a small town somewhere,the cost of living is completely diffrent.personally I think a lot of plasterers in Ireland especially get r.de by builders and subbies.look what a plumber would charge for a few hours on a Saturday morning,maybe 200 to 250 euro.If a plasterer looked for that say to skim a ceiling the guards would be called.It's the only trade where the tradesmen themselves are to blame for the low rates because so many accept so little.Theres a site near me that was not completed in the boom.Only 7 houses left to do.A gang from a northern county are plastering them on price.I know what they are getting because I know the builder well and would'nt work for that.They start at 8am on Monday and practically live on the site until Friday evening,working till 9 or 10 every night.Thats the way it here and around Dublin.

I've no problem getting 200 to skim a ceiling. If u don't ask for it u won't get it. What would you look for doing 1 ceiling. Just out of interest. Am in louth.

If no body replies they'll soon get the message won't they,and it's a free country people can advertise what they want. It's market demand the rates are low because there's an abundance of plasterers, there's an oversupply.
If lads commentate on rates offered it will discourage anybody regardless of what they are offering putting up offers and then the forum just dies doesn't it.
I take it from your stance that your a contractor employing many and offering 4 quid a metre then, and making a difference bringing rates up.

So if someone was offering skimming at £1 m2 you think no-one should say anything?

That old supermarket stories bullshit .....I wouldnt do it....id earn more skimming at @£1.80.

Stacking shelves ...tills going fuuucking beep beep beep all day ???

I aint saying its right ...but some dont have a choice.

You are spot on its a free country (of sorts) so I can also post my dislike to it.
Why you would think I'm a contractor employing many I have no idea and nor do I see the relevance. When I use guys it's on a day rate basis.

From what I can see only 3 or 4 guys on here disagree with me whilst the majority agree, and for the life of me I do not see why any plasterer would not want better rates.

Everyone wants more money.

If you got a kid who needs to pay for his school trip next week when the rest of his class is going........baby needs nappies......big electric bill coming in and aldi aint hiring that week.

Plots there to skim on s**t rates......to keep your head above the water ....the reality is your gonna have to get your head down and arse up.

Them bills wont pay themselves.

Aload of north east lads came onto our site 10 weeks ago in cumbria.
£2.60 for skimming they thought theyd struck gold.

You are spot on its a free country (of sorts) so I can also post my dislike to it.
Why you would think I'm a contractor employing many I have no idea and nor do I see the relevance. When I use guys it's on a day rate basis.

From what I can see only 3 or 4 guys on here disagree with me whilst the majority agree, and for the life of me I do not see why any plasterer would not want better rates.
There's a misconception that fellas that run plastering outfits are making fortunes And doing over subbies, I t's not the case on the whole.
I speak from experience,
Rates that are being offered are from large building Plc the fellas that run plastering outfits are next down on the chain, The relevance of saying if you run an outfit is they have the power not subbies as if the next layer on the chain refuses to work for house builders Things may change, what fellas think on here doesn't make a toss either way there will always be subbies to work for low rates as people have bills to pay.

On large developments s you will not win the work at £4 supply for skimming never mind being able to pay someone to do it at that labour only.

It's not just plasterers either, rates are dropping on sites for roofers,Joiners Tillers etc too, yet house prices are Still creeping up on the whole. Lands creeping up slightly so there's money being made somewhere.

I've no problem getting 200 to skim a ceiling. If u don't ask for it u won't get it. What would you look for doing 1 ceiling. Just out of interest. Am in louth.

Me neither Clemo, priced a domestic this week, 7 boards to overboard a ceiling & skim.
I'll bring a labourer for that day, for help with boarding ceiling and keeping the place clean.
€430, and it'll be a nice relaxing day. They tried to start bartering with me, I said I'd do it for 4, then they wanted lower and I politely told them to get another price and see how they got on.
'No, no, we want you to do it' they said.
If people don't value their own skill, what is a customer supposed to value it at????

I'd like to see the standard of work Nicm.
To be honest the work I've seen on estates in Ireland is the worst I've seen in my life, I've yet to see a stop bead used on a bulk head on a staircase for example, just a skim bead belted in as tight as possible and then a Belcast out to it... (That's my favourite eg.) God damn awful.

They are probably like @Rigsby mate off the other thread, bone idle or useless, or what's most likely not good enough to make a fist of it on their own.

For an average one of 5 or 6 boards(already slabbed and they supply skim) I'd be lucky to get 120 euro.Fair play to you if you can get more,do you not get the "it only took you two and a half hours bull..it?".

For an average one of 5 or 6 boards(already slabbed and they supply skim) I'd be lucky to get 120 euro.Fair play to you if you can get more,do you not get the "it only took you two and a half hours bull..it?".

Small domestics should always be supply & fit, small jobs you can't have them knowing what you are earning down to the last fiver.

Everything takes a day in our trade, by the time you set up, clean up, and get to another job, what are you going to earn elsewhere??

Status
Not open for further replies.