Site lights.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottie5

Private Member
http://www.alltools.co.uk/defender-wobble-light.html

These are usually about £200 each, I just bought 2 off Alltools for £224.
They are absolute monsters like a portable nuclear explosion.

20151113_105526_5588.jpg
its difficult to get across how bright these are.
Obviously only used one briefly so far so there could be negatives that crop up but the early impression is these are the tits.

Never heard of metal halide?! I take it they can take some abuse and plenty of damp for that price.

http://www.alltools.co.uk/defender-wobble-light.html

These are usually about £200 each, I just bought 2 off Alltools for £224.
They are absolute monsters like a portable nuclear explosion.

View attachment 8181 its difficult to get across how bright these are.
Obviously only used one briefly so far so there could be negatives that crop up but the early impression is these are the tits.
just ordered 2 from that site you saved me £130 as the i was getting were £350 for a pair:bananahappy:

I was looking to order two, but they said they couldn't deliver to Ireland , surprising as the courier system between uk and here is top class, can't find them locally

he does not look like he is trying... I am quite well known for my "destructive tests" :D
E mail defender and get them on board. Could do your own tests then. Dragging it down the road off the back of your motorbike should do it (y)

Spent huge amounts of time after the right light, is like the holy grail of plastering. Been through most of them. Recently bought an led security light off ebay for about £17, bought 5m of flex wired it up with a plug and it's fantastic. Very bright, dropped it from height a couple of times and survived. And at that price you could get a couple and replace when necessary. Can't remember wattage but there are some powerful ones on there and led means they're cool too.

Spent huge amounts of time after the right light, is like the holy grail of plastering. Been through most of them. Recently bought an led security light off ebay for about £17, bought 5m of flex wired it up with a plug and it's fantastic. Very bright, dropped it from height a couple of times and survived. And at that price you could get a couple and replace when necessary. Can't remember wattage but there are some powerful ones on there and led means they're cool too.
@Squarehead You got a link for the light you bought...sounds like a good idea.

It should come with shades! What a light though. Gone into geek mode here! 30,000 lumens. Thanks again to Scottie for the nudge to get one.
View attachment 8908

Not sure if I mentioned it or not but the 110v take off point on the light is only suitable for a maximum 1200watts , so if your whisk is over that best plug it in off a separate outlet.

@Squarehead You got a link for the light you bought...sounds like a good idea.
The link to the light I bought is as follows: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100W-SMD-...ecurity-Garden-Light-IP65-220V-/231663417462? There may be more powerful LED security lights out there, but this one I find is pretty good. Better than the old Thorsman Goliath I had. Some of the more powerful ones on here look better, but I'm on domestics, one man band mainly and this is small, slim 240V and easy to hang off a screw in the wall for ceilings.

Status
Not open for further replies.