site agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
had a great one today. the site agent is trying to get us to basecoat atm. keep telling him its too cold. he keeps threatening to strike the scaffold. anyway. he starts again today. i looked at the thermometer they have outside and it said -5. obv wind chill inc he tells me, no, its fine to render, the thermometer must be wrong. really michael fish. is that why mu bucket of water is frozen

theyre striking it friday and getting scissor lifts in. i did laugh tho again when they made some of the guys stop working a few days back for using a hop up. and you have to wear goggles and gloves at all times. but they said today thats its fine for us to be on a scissor lift with no license.

theyre striking it friday and getting scissor lifts in. i did laugh tho again when they made some of the guys stop working a few days back for using a hop up. and you have to wear goggles and gloves at all times. but they said today thats its fine for us to be on a scissor lift with no license.

Hypocrites the lot of em!

Sound like mansells!!!!

my cousin does alot for vincy (he makes and fits curtain walling) so when ive nowt on i do the odd deliveries for him, its fcuking mad!!!! gloves, hat, goggles, boots, no phones, no radios, no eating or drinking on site and more. If i go in the long wheel base pick up im not allowed to get on the back to unstrap anything unless i put the barriers up and strap myself to it!! its only at hip high ffs

See if he's got a gas fire in his office and take it 'for the walls'............oh wait, I bet they're banned :RpS_thumbup:

my cousin does alot for vincy (he makes and fits curtain walling) so when ive nowt on i do the odd deliveries for him, its fcuking mad!!!! gloves, hat, goggles, boots, no phones, no radios, no eating or drinking on site and more. If i go in the long wheel base pick up im not allowed to get on the back to unstrap anything unless i put the barriers up and strap myself to it!! its only at hip high ffs
thats standard on most now

nick is that the job with Phil? He told me the scaffold has gone a week early. Phil said it was for BCDL

it is mate yeah. were both subbing for bcdl on a vinci site. but its the vinci agents that are being dicks. yeah they took down the scaffold for some reason and are chasing my arse as our side started later than phils. but they only finished fixing the insulation a day or 2 ago and its too cold anyway. theyre all mental

oh and they moaned coz a bit off the roof were working down to got some gear on it. the fact that we had to shovel back snow first to get to the wall so no protection would stick also seems to be irrelevent. theyve instructed us to continue some small parts on the roof regardless of the weather on daywork!

another good one today. turned up mid morning as i knew from the night before nothing was ready. asked for a water butt and a pallet of gear to be put on the loading bay at the top. 2.15pm they put it up there. we did 2 mixes, spatted and went home. money well spent i think

Status
Not open for further replies.