Siow the set down

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for skim but dont do it with carlite bonding unless you can get through a tub in seconds, kiss of death :-0

Carlite isn't something I ever use large enough quantities of to warrant retarding it, good advice though. I wonder why that is?

well. it didnt go THAT quick. i just had a "im gonna be a hero today" moment and thought i could put on nearly 2 hits worth in 1 hit. and i found out that i can, it just goes hard, and then ur arm falls off as you trowel like a **** for 5 hours trying to get it back.

still love it tho

I believe you:RpS_wink:
Rent is cheap in some of the sh1tole areas in wolvistan, my mate rents a few houses out mainly to poles one is called camilla & she niiiiiice:RpS_drool:
You want his number?:RpS_biggrin:

I'd rather have her number!

I heard a handful of board finish slows it but i doubt that...
another guy I know plastering a lifetime swears by adding milk as the preservatives slows the set...He told me he was skimming a room
with another plasterer and he was drinking a carton of milk and he poured half of the milk into the bucket before his mate started to knock up, and he said the
gear hangs around for ever, apparently his mate swears by it now !!!

So that's why it's called Skimmed milk then!

lime paist...

mix a few handfulls of hydrated lime with a little water to make a paist at the end of your day..mix roughly half a cup per bag of finish(try on a small gauge first to get the feel of it)
makes the mix slightly more fatty and gives you longer setting time..

if your skimming over boards then a coat of 5/1 pva works a treat to slow things down,also flatten your first coat and mix fresh for your second coat,it will give you miles more time on the set..

yes it will weaken the mix a touch but not so you would notice. no good for high impact areas but ceilings won't matter and it adds to flexability.

have not needed to re***d a mix for over 20 years but this is the way to go.

Andrews liver salts work aswell, add a few handfulls to the mixing water :RpS_thumbup:

why wud any decent spread want 2 slow the set on a skim.mix less material.if its setting on u.adding anything wil weaken the mix.

To be honest Jamie I just pop one of these in each mix for a perfect Finish everytime! :RpS_thumbup:

photo-2412.png

Last edited:
hope some 1 dont fall for half of this tips, PROBERLY SEE A POLISH SPREAD NEXT WEEK WITH DAZ TABLETS IN HIS SETTING BUCKET

Status
Not open for further replies.