Siow the set down

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, tried that ages ago - don't think it really works to be honest.

what you really need is some cream of tartar - I put about 4 tbsp's in a 2-3 bagger and get a 3 hour set on - enough time to slap on a whole room at once.

nah, tried that ages ago - don't think it really works to be honest.

what you really need is some cream of tartar - I put about 4 tbsp's in a 2-3 bagger and get a 3 hour set on - enough time to slap on a whole room at once.
i got a tube of that and tryd a spoon in a had full off plaster and it went off in 2 minits*

I believe you:RpS_wink:
Rent is cheap in some of the sh1tole areas in wolvistan, my mate rents a few houses out mainly to poles one is called camilla & she niiiiiice:RpS_drool:
You want his number?:RpS_biggrin:

when i was labouring years ago i found chucking a handful of gravel into the mix seemed to slow things down dramatically :RpS_thumbup:

you meen render or skim dont like the idea of puting that in my skim
come too think of it i
know how too speed it up p|*ss in the mix as you wisking it lol

yeah thats the stuff windy. iv only used it a couple of times on monster hits with a mate. depends how much u put in to how much it slows it down. we put on a lot and it kept the 1st coat nice and wet which helped a lot for doubling up. i think its smoothflo hes used before

I heard a handful of board finish slows it but i doubt that...
another guy I know plastering a lifetime swears by adding milk as the preservatives slows the set...He told me he was skimming a room
with another plasterer and he was drinking a carton of milk and he poured half of the milk into the bucket before his mate started to knock up, and he said the
gear hangs around for ever, apparently his mate swears by it now !!!

I heard a handful of board finish slows it but i doubt that...
another guy I know plastering a lifetime swears by adding milk as the preservatives slows the set...He told me he was skimming a room
with another plasterer and he was drinking a carton of milk and he poured half of the milk into the bucket before his mate started to knock up, and he said the
gear hangs around for ever, apparently his mate swears by it now !!!

Yes Spark I always put a handful of board finish in with my board finish
never really noticed any difference.

Hahaha. Get sparks1234 and the milkman on site for a go slow lol

nam pla thai oil from the supermarket works an absolute treat, leaves the room smelling really freeeeeesh.....

i tried cream of tartar the other day-it was on hardwall over pva d thermalites but still it went as quick as you would expect-maybe need to use more

Cream of tartar is the business, only need to use about half a teaspoon per bag though. Don't be tempted to put more in...you have been warned.

It's handy if you're at a job where there may be slightly too much for one gauge, so rather than do 2 gauges you can slow it down and get straight round it.

Once, I tried adding a dollop (about a capful?) of neat PVA to a bucket of skim and that seemed to work as well.

Cream of tartar is the business, only need to use about half a teaspoon per bag though. Don't be tempted to put more in...you have been warned.

It's handy if you're at a job where there may be slightly too much for one gauge, so rather than do 2 gauges you can slow it down and get straight round it.

Once, I tried adding a dollop (about a capful?) of neat PVA to a bucket of skim and that seemed to work as well.

Good for skim but dont do it with carlite bonding unless you can get through a tub in seconds, kiss of death :-0

i tried cream of tartar the other day-it was on hardwall over pva d thermalites but still it went as quick as you would expect-maybe need to use more

First coat will always go like a rocket on thermos but the second should hang well to finish the set and if you pva the thermo blocks you shouldnt have any problems at all. Hose them down on new builds, that will hold it back well

Status
Not open for further replies.