single phase lead wiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
orite folks, ive got a single phase lead which has an inline camping style rcd about a foot along the cable from the uk 3 pin plug. This then adapts to the red socket which plugs into the ritmo xl. We've used this cable plugged into the mains for pumping acrylic through 20m hose and had no problems.
When we used the cable to try and mix and pump bagged render the 13amp fuse in the plug blew as soon as powder hit water and entered the worm. Obviously the 13amp fuse is the weak link.

My question is would it be ok to change the live pin in the plug to another neutral pin(wired directly not fused). Bearing in mind that there is an inline rcd rated at 16amp for surge protection. Surely the hardwired plug will just pass the current along and the rcd then becomes the trip switch just like a regular consumer unit??

i know man for some reason im thinking a hard wired plug could spell the end for all mankind like crossing the streams in ghostbusters

Rcd not really for overload protection it's for continuity I'd be askin les why it's trippin fuse maybe u need to be feedin it powder more gradually so not as to overload

hmm we poured powder in gently enough really. My gripe is the 13amp plug is not strong enough to handle the surge on startup. Isn't the rcd just like off a conusmer unit. That doesn't have fuses, just rcd trip switches which is what ive got inline.

yes kingster we do all that but it just gave up instantly. Switched to single phase off the genny and worked first time. The plug with the puny fuse gave up the moment any load was placed on it. I mean propper load as it worked fine with just having to power in acrylic pumping mode.

Straight into socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.