Single brick out building

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello lads hope your all well
Got a single brick outbuilding on the back of a kitchen
Its freezing out there and the walls are soaking wet and full of black spot mold

What you think the best way to solve and damp and condensation problems in the future?

there is already an air vent shal i do away with this or keep it breathing
I was thinking on dabbing with thermalite or would it be better with a membrane kingspan and stud infront?

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Can't you use Ewi keep maximum space inside then?
Get a heater in there and dry the walls out add some warmth get rid of the mould then do the internal work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply mate you suggest kingspan inbetween the stud or behind the stud work that way the hole wall would be covered with kingspan

Also reckon i dhould keep the vent or do away with it
Thanks again
Pee
Sounds like you got it covered there mate !lol

Can't you use Ewi keep maximum space inside then?
Get a heater in there and dry the walls out add some warmth get rid of the mould then do the internal work.

Thanks for your reply mate
Yes i was thinking on external insulation just didnt know weather it would be as good as kingspan and stud on the inside
Hmm what you think?

Once the render is sound that will stop penetrating damp.
I'd the. use a coat of renovating plaster over the brickwork as it has better thermal efficiency over sand and cement.
Finish it flat then screw battens to the wall and use insulated plasterboard with vapour barrier over the batten.
This way you have full coverage with insulation and won't lose as much space as studding with Kingspan.
Make sure you fill all gaps to the boards on floor joints to keep it air tight and stop condensation forming on the wall behind the boards.

Batton walls then Kingspan over the top then board straight on top of that also open the vents back up. If it's rendered outside make sure it hasn't blown or cracked. Make sure you also insulate the ceiling .

Once the render is sound that will stop penetrating damp.
I'd the. use a coat of renovating plaster over the brickwork as it has better thermal efficiency over sand and cement.
Finish it flat then screw battens to the wall and use insulated plasterboard with vapour barrier over the batten.
This way you have full coverage with insulation and won't lose as much space as studding with Kingspan.
Make sure you fill all gaps to the boards on floor joints to keep it air tight and stop condensation forming on the wall behind the boards.

Would an outhouse have a wooden floor?

Not sure an outbuilding would have a wooden floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.