Silo sand+cement mixes

Members online

solway

Hi all. Pricing up a big project and qs tells me to differentiate between them supplying the render by silo against me having my labourer mix it in the mixer. I don't see much of a cost saving on his side but my real question is have any of ye used the gear from a silo before. The external spec is scud,scratch and nap finish. Would the render suppliers provide a silo for scudding,scratch and nap finish. I'm just looking for a bit of info with the quality,consistency and workability if any of ye have worked this way before.

Unless it's a massive job bagged render is cost effective, you need a forklift to move mortar from a silo to where you use it. QS by nature thinks he can save money by kicking the ball in your court, price for bagged render full stop...
Never trust a QS.....

Teleporter is supplied by the contractor whatever way we go (silo or self mix). He probably thinks I won't need a labourer if the mix is in the silo. My main concern is the render itself and the quality of the render

For sure you have to adjust. The silo won't mix it like the paddle mixer. You may have to give it a quick mix with the paddle just before using it.I have bad memories from a site job where they mixed it for us.Total bs.

Teleporter is supplied by the contractor whatever way we go (silo or self mix). He probably thinks I won't need a labourer if the mix is in the silo. My main concern is the render itself and the quality of the render
U will still need a labourer at the silo takes a bit of getting used to it take it it a kilsaran gp render silo if you are in Ireland. Get the prebagd render in its a lot better.

If it's CPI render it's a bugger in the colder months
Takes a bit of getting used to