Silly question but gonna ask anyway...

Members online

Mr Drew

I have a rendered property painted with silicone paint. Render is sound. Someone trying to persuade me to corksol it. but I'm not keen. My question: Can K rend TC 15 (or similar silicone spray top coat) spray directly onto painted render (primer being used first) in the same way as corksol ? Cheers.

Someone trying to persuade me to corksol it. but I'm not keen.corksol ? Cheers.

1) Is this person ridiculously house-proud and depserate to one-up the Joneses?

2) Is this person your wife?

3) If not your wife, does this person stand to profit from persuading you into doing it?

4) If not your wife, are you the wife, trying to get ammunition on the forum, to take back and persuade your husband?

"If it ain't broke, ...."

No to all points. Not going to corksol it btw. Just wondered about K Rend spray given thats its smooth and sound but not well rendered at present.

Last edited:
You are spot on, It's a silly question.

1617135027174.png

its a messy presentation especially when the sun is on it. We wanted to give it a fresh look. I saw your response on a previous thread stating that you could K rend over sand and cement Smoother 09, so wondered if you can tell me if i could spray over what I have after preparing the surface - eliminating the mesh and first and second thin coats ?

Last edited:
I have a rendered property painted with silicone paint. Render is sound. Someone trying to persuade me to corksol it. but I'm not keen. My question: Can K rend TC 15 (or similar silicone spray top coat) spray directly onto painted render (primer being used first) in the same way as corksol ? Cheers.
If it’s painted already in silicone paint why would you want to apply silicone texture?
There’s nothing wrong with corksol although I’m not sure that it would adhere to the silicone paint and it doesnt stick to silicone, what part of the country are you from?