Silicone Rend vs Monocouche Rend

Members online

lashanb

Im looking to rend top part (first floor is bricks) to remove pebble dash. Been quoted Monocouche finish 2200 and silicone Rend 3900. Is Silicone render worht the additional cost? Both will have mesh so expect same performance when comes to cracking. But Silicone seems to repel water which could make it last longer. This is in Romford. Appreciate some feedback from experts here.

Thanks in advance

thats a big difference in price... im guessing theyve bumped the silicone price up.coz they dont do alot of and prefer to use mono

Thanks for the replies, He told he will check the pebble dash, if its steady and not coming out will go over it than trying ti remove it.
I was bit surprised with the price difference, but as mentioned here is only benefit is just water repelant, then may as well do Mono and put sealant on top of it.
Will be using Weber pral Mono I think.

Thanks for the replies, He told he will check the pebble dash, if its steady and not coming out will go over it than trying ti remove it.
I was bit surprised with the price difference, but as mentioned here is only benefit is just water repelant, then may as well do Mono and put sealant on top of it.
Will be using Weber pral Mono I think.
Seal it mate your be fine ,loads out there to choose from

There doesn’t seem much difference in k pro and enviroseal, apart from near £250 quid. I give them the option which they want. Most pick enviro. Get a tub and see what you think.