Silicone 1.5mm

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
Hi peeps got a little garden wall to top off in silicone thw wall has a flat top would it be best doing all the top first or bring it all over as one never really had to do one with a flat section thanks

There is a way to separate it, but It’s fiddly job joining the corners and they have to be spot on.

There is a way to separate it, but It’s fiddly job joining the corners and they have to be spot on.
Dont want too seperate it mate its going to cover the beads just didnt want to put all the face on first then finding out i had to put the top on first but if it doesn't matter i will just put the lot on

Dont want too seperate it mate its going to cover the beads just didnt want to put all the face on first then finding out i had to put the top on first but if it doesn't matter i will just put the lot on
In this case you do the top first, if you are quick enough and try to keep the wet line alive, otherwise top followed by the face

20190701_154051.jpg
this is it

I always put disclaimers in for any retaining walls, especially if no copings,cavitys,weep vents etc.

Generaly I just thinkk there a bad idea and destined to fail before the render should imo!
I know what your saying mate this job is for my sons friend an she knows ghe score its all being tanked behind the wall an like i said i cant give any gaurantees as regards the top ive told em about the copings

I know what your saying mate this job is for my sons friend an she knows ghe score its all being tanked behind the wall an like i said i cant give any gaurantees as regards the top ive told em about the copings

If it makes you feel any better we topped 1 at the weekend pretty much the same as yours!!!

How did you apply the silicone to the top first or just put it all on in one

All in 1 mate but nothing stopping you splitting it up if you prefer to do top 1st.

I'd rather leave it to the following day though if doing that so as not disturb when setting.