silica sand or grit

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't block paver's use silica sand for the joints, blones contact a guy called ckj on here he will give you some advice on this type of stuff

What do you want it for what size do you need. block pavers sand is ok you can get it anywhere its called kiln dried sand otherwise i have a contact at longrake spar and also garside sands who will have what you need

it was for a floor that i need to key first. I was told to roll a liquid dpm then scatter silica on it. Plus i also wanted to experiment with some of it. Can you get 2mm quartz grit or similar

Speak to dan 07738635672 at longrake spar they sell 1.7-2mm quartz sand if its used for a key then contact your local glass recycling depot and ask for glass frit for fibreglass its better for key

what about granno dust thats around 2mm we use this to cast cills and its good strong stuff

Here for everyone,

Hi Ian,

Could give these guys a call.

D.J.Marsh ( Derek) lime supplies, he's well networked and helpfull 07774495691 or 01622752292 D.J March brick and lime supplies

Tell him Mark from Advance Plastering Ltd gave you the number.

Or..Brett Aggregates Tel: 01795 594000. They may be able to help.

Both in Kent but will deliver nationally.

Regards

Mark

Try Derbyshire Aggregates, they are just up the road from The Long Rake Spar Co. They also have a depot in Wales.

Telephone number 01629636500

To provide a good key for floors i use 2 part epoxy seeded with glass frit i also use glass frit in sbr slurries

For rendering yea 1sbr 1 water 1opc 1glass i get my glass frit from virridor near you in st helens near jackson st

For rendering yea 1sbr 1 water 1opc 1glass i get my glass frit from virridor near you in st helens near jackson st

What's glass frit? Is it that crushed glass what looks like a sharp/grit sand? Pavers use it round here.

That mix, do you trowel it on or brush it on and is it wet on wet or a scratch coat?

regards. R

What's glass frit? Is it that crushed glass what looks like a sharp/grit sand? Pavers use it round here.That mix, do you trowel it on or brush it on and is it wet on wet or a scratch regards. R
Just brush it on as you would an sbr slurry it privides a better key than sand. glass frit is crushed glass and is usuall sold for fibreglass and glass making

Status
Not open for further replies.