sikadur 32

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace

anyone any experience with it ive got to use it soon and im reading the tech sheet for it and it says to clean tools with sika thinner c but the guy hasent bought me any, ive asked him for some before and he still hasent got any and i dnt think he intends to, my question is will i be alright cleaning tools in water provideing i do it as soon as ive finishd with them.
also i know how to knock it up and that but can i mix it in a plastic bucket or do we need something metal.
ive done miles of damp work before but never had to use this stuff.

If he gets you the thinners mate make sure you cover your hands as the thinners does as it says it does thins your skin and burns like fcuk i think i have used something similar when i was working on a concrete repair firm! Is it the stuff you mix up fairly runny then wack it on let it kick in the sponge off??? If it is you can mix in plastic buckets we were using sika 610,615, 620 and the this furring coat stuff!!

I used to use it a lot but not for a few years now , it used to come in 2 tins , just mix the two together in the tin , Try not to get it on your skin or it will be there for a while , use cheap tools you can throw away , water wont do the trick , Sika thinners is cheap but you can use white spirit . Are you using it to bond stuff together or for movement joints ?

like blade said:RpS_thumbup:, used it on sellafield for balfours they supplied tools so we just binned em.

its being used to bond old sand and cement coat to new.
its the 2 part stuff not really looking forward to useing it really sounds like horrible stuff, as i said ive done miles of damp work but not used this stuf before, i just picked up the spec sheet for the job today and had a read through it and this stuff was on the list to go on then 2 or 3 coats of sand cement with sika 1 then 2 coats of sika slurry with a 2 mm notch comb through it to key 1st to 2nd and 2nd to plaster.
if you skim over the slurry when i read the tech sheet it says not to use gypsum plasters on it but i have in the past as its all that was on the job, had no problems byt im just wondering if its ok to use gypsum plaster over the sika slurry

If you are using a Sika product and it says dont use Gypsum with it well then dont.And you werent in the pub Friday

yeah i know mate i was expecting a payment and it diddnt come through so i only got to drive past the bull on the way home haha.
the fella whos job im useing the sika on says hes rung up sika and they have said its fine to use:RpS_unsure:. i guess its up to him i have pre warned him about everything and as long as he is willing to wave fault at me then im fine with doin the job as long as I know ive warned him haha.
i had a look as i went past the put to see if i could see anyone with the traits of a plasterer but all i could see was a loft conversion firm sittin outside

problem with Sika is that its meant to be able to breath , and in thoery setting it witll stop it breathing , but i have set it many many times and not had problems , dont envy you the sika dur work though , we used to use a sika top slurry over any s**t walls , applied with a harling trowel , then trowel coat splatter coat float coat but i guess times have changed . we did miles of it when prices were good and not many companies did it . and done properly it works :RpS_thumbup:

There is more than one Sikadur product though ime not sure what 32 is without looking it up,i dont look like a spread every day mate depends what ime doing but never worry about the price of a pint with me mate if your skint ime a tight c**t but not in the pub.

Its my nearest pub so yeah but i do get elswhere its the driving always a problem i can walk from the Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.