Sign writing

themucky1

How many of you have got your vans sign written? I’ve never had any of my vans done due to the fact that when we was ever stuck in traffic or on the motorway any plasterers that had there vans written used to get stupid phone calls to pass the time and brighten the day and didn’t want it happening to me lol. But now considering getting it done, what’s your thoughts lads?

How many of you have got your vans sign written? I’ve never had any of my vans done due to the fact that when we was ever stuck in traffic or on the motorway any plasterers that had there vans written used to get stupid phone calls to pass the time and brighten the day and didn’t want it happening to me lol. But now considering getting it done, what’s your thoughts lads?
Probably got 2/3 jobs off the van in 10 years

Did mine myself having got it designed and printed ready to stick on. Took me 2 afternoon's to do it though. £55 ish.Picked up loads of work from it and people see you about. If you are stacked out with work then maybe don't bother but it's professional looking. Never effected insurance but dose effect breakdown cover. Well with me it did.

Always used magnetic's sides and back, vistaprint, cheap 'n easy - don't make it too big, these days people take a phone photo of it and then call you. Had a few jobs like this, paid for replacing them every few years. Easy to take off when you go camping, ....or dogging apparently.

After the initial outlay you have free advertising for the life of the van, one decent job will pay for the outlay so if you are not driving a free advert for your own company you will never make "business person of the year".

Don't need your phone number anyway just company logo and email website address,
I got a land line number never in this world would I put my mobile number on for the reason above lol, you got your number on your van?

The advertising side of things are s***,
when you're quoting large render jobs the customer is definitely going to feel more comfortable with a sign written van,
Plane van just looks like a subbies van to me,
I've got my phone number on but there's no need next time I probably won't bother

ive had a lot of work from the back doors of van also seen folk takin pictures of doors at traffic lights etc

No brainier for me.. always had mine done, get a fair bit of work from it, looks more professional and more people round your area get to know about you

I drive my van like I stole it so if I had it all stickered up, it would probably have the opposite effect and loose me work rather than get me it....I’ve got a little sticker of a turtle on the back door that says “I'm going as fast as I can” I normally do go as fast as I can lol

100-percent guarantee you look more professional when quoting and stand a lot higher chance of getting the job compared to the next man with no sign writing it's a no-brainer mate.

Never had any of mine done , but that’s because it would get keyed and the wing mirrors would be volleyed off.

It all depends like most things
It don’t cost alot so you may as well do it and see if it works well for you and remove at will
Deffo take em off before you do a ram raid at Selco for multi at 5 am

My vans s**t so wouldn't bother. Still in garage so the excuse gets better. Feel like a right chancer at mo using my old car. Logistical nightmare with having to plan every trip to and from job.

For me sign writing is a must! 100% Professional, pays for itself (free advertising) and gets you recognised. Trampy work vans always make me think chancer or signing on! Lol. I get loads of phone calls which start with I’ve just seen you’re van......

For me sign writing is a must! 100% Professional, pays for itself (free advertising) and gets you recognised. Trampy work vans always make me think chancer or signing on! Lol. I get loads of phone calls which start with I’ve just seen you’re van......

Hell, you don't want to see my van then, you'd think I was "dave" from down pub :ROFLMAO: