Sign writing van

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do fella's.

How much is it to sign write your van? Do u get any work from it? I'm not on about Mondeo estates ( you know who you are) ;)

Vanjuly.jpg

mine cost me £22.99 from ebay and i had to stick it on myself, had it on for about... 5 weeks now and had 3 customers from it so far which is pretty damn good, they are neighbours tho... ;D

my last transit cost about 200 quid, they do the sides and back, whatever you want on it, i just got em to copy my business card..
its prolly not too cheap but they do a lot of fleet stuff and the price drops for every vehicle after the first..
did generate a lot of work though, but it helps if you write on it idiot fashion exactly what it is you do...people think 'builders' are bricklayers..they also think plasterers just spread finish so if you want some nice little coving jobs, stick it on...etc..etc...

the 2 sides and the smaller one on the back all came on seperate sheets, and each sheet consists od 2 layers... with the vinyl letters between the layers... you stick the a strip of masking tape across the top of each sign and onto you van (just to hold it in place really) then you peel away the front layer slightly.. spray your van with soapy water and just kinda roll/peel off the front leyer from top to bottom bit by bit, using your trusty driving licence (not the old paper kind ;) )to press the letter in onto the van and to squeezy the soapy water out from underneath each letter till you get to the bottom, thne just squeegy it like mad till youve pushed out all the water and trapped air behind each letter, then carefully remove the back sheet and it should leave the letters on your van, tho i think i did mine too early cos i had to peel it nice and slowly and squeegy the vinyl letters as i was removing the final layer, you can just smooth it straight on without any soapy water but once its stuck, it aint gonna come off without being damages, so soapy water is the best option, plenty of fiddling about time :)

hope that made sense :S

oh and the sheets where rolled up and sent in a long box :)

also if your sign is rectangular and your van has concaved panels. use a heat gun to remove crease at the edges ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.