Sign of times!

Members online

zombie

Private Member
Just can't get lads on jobs for right moment either I'm to cheap or lads are getting gready!

Fair play I must be to cheap!

Though it was the exact same blokes calling me with there begging bowls when I was always steady in recession when others were slack!

Funny old game at times!

Loyalty is a rare thing these days.
But I'll be honest I've been turning work away for a while for better rates than I'm getting with the firm I sub to.
but ive been with them for years and they bravely kept the wolf away from my door when everyone else had nothing on or was after paying peanuts so I'm happy where I am.

im finding it exactly the same. they want more money than have on job.

or say you must of gone in more than what rates ive just given you... my reply yeah ill just fund this job so only you can make a wage....

go on jog on dipshite

When I read people saying they got guys working for them doing this and that I honestly think they paying absolute dog s**t money and therefore wouldn’t be at all surprised if plasterer pissed off to a better paid job at the drop of a hat

Reactions: s61
I’ve got two old apprentices back with me now. They’ve done the “grass is greener” thing and been stung. They work well for fair money. I can make well on them and seems to be going good. How long it will last, time will tell. Feeling pretty lucky at the moment :coffe:

I’ve got two old apprentices back with me now. They’ve done the “grass is greener” thing and been stung. They work well for fair money. I can make well on tuhem and seems to be going good. How long it will last, time will tell. Feeling pretty lucky at the moment :coffe:

Feeling lucky too mate. I'm a one man band most the time and get a mate in when I need it. On most jobs, I get the customer to pay them direct which saves a lot of hassle.

When I read people saying they got guys working for them doing this and that I honestly think they paying absolute dog s**t money and therefore wouldn’t be at all surprised if plasterer pissed off to a better paid job at the drop of a hat

I had a chap danny work for me for about 4 years and he wanted £150 a day and thats it... if he wanted to work 7 days or three that was fine with me... He was a great plasterers (way better than I ever was) but he was not a peoples person at all, a scary monster of a man and potential customers would not employ him because he was scary... thats where I came in.

I could sell a glass of water to a drowning man and it worked.. he got paid what he wanted and I made plenty for doing what I did best... WIn WIn

Danny towards the end started quoted jobs for me for regular customers (they knew him by then) he would get £3k for some jobs but only want £450 for it and I would take the rest...

Some people like being employees... thats great for me and and other people who are happy to push on