Shut off valve

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
not for electric mixing pumps. when u turn it off,dribble the first few feet of worm, then put ur finger over the whole until you can rest the gun over a bucket.

We put one on the G4,as soon as the lads turned off the pump I close the valve and Open it again on start up. The mess it saves is well worth it, especially on crap lifts.

Ducks everything if you forget to open it before turning the air on again .

Also mine has a habit of ceasing up

waste of money jenks. makes the gun heavier and if u dont somebody else will forget to open it one day.
and as currier said they get dirty,sieze up then u gotta replace a part u never needed in the first place.

no no no. theyre great. what you need is a fat pft man at the bottom on the machine going yep were ready to go. then a bearded jew 6 stories up going right o lets go. oh and also a moody mong next to him. then the beardy jew turns the gun on and stands there for about a minute going **** me this is taking a long time. bear in mind it was early lol. after about a minute the jew shouts to the fat one, whats going on. then he realises he didnt open the valve. the fat one gets pretty angry as the machine has backed up to **** and blocked it all the way into the mixing chamber. the angry fat one then angrily disconnects about 100 bar of back pressure and breaks all the crap out of the machine. about 15 minutes later we try again. all for the sake of a dribble on a scaffold.

I use them all the time i think there great, you can buy a 1" lever valve and fit it yourself for about a fiver they dont last that long but you can see how you get on with it then you can spend a bit more and get one thats a bit more heavy duty ... They dont make the gun much heavier its just all welshman are GAAAAY!!!!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

just take empty bucket up. turn air off let the dribble go on the wall until it runs outa puff. put finger over the hole and rest the gun over the bucket

The valves are well worth it in my opinion. Especially if your working restricted or fiddly areas where you are starting and stopping reguarly, maybe you will at some point have the valve shut when turning the air on, but you'll only make that mistake once.

Steve, the valve wont cease up if you service it now and then, take it apart and repack with grease every other month.

Jenks it won't **** the machine then if you do that, You know when they say don't hold the gun upright

Status
Not open for further replies.