shoulder problems

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

been working with a joiner today who is going into hexham hospital next week for operation on his shoulder, he has been told at best he will be unable to work for 3 months, and worst scenario 12 months, so be careful out there everybody, and the worst thing is he is right handed but its the left shoulder

been working with a joiner today who is going into hexham hospital next week for operation on his shoulder, he has been told at best he will be unable to work for 3 months, and worst scenario 12 months, so be careful out there everybody, and the worst thing is he is right handed but its the left shoulder
The shoulder is a complicated joint much more so than the knee, I have shoulder problem on my right side, it's basically not sitting in the joint,but as I'm due knee replacements in the next 5 yrs I have to leave it be,,

I tend to get pain when I stop working for 3/4 days, like its seizing up.

it fookin hurts too, really sharp shooting pain at the front of my shoulder and can't raise my arm above my chest, also have trouble with my elbow locking in the morning, takes 5/10 minutes to stretch my arm out.

i have heard swimming is good for you, keeps everything loose, there's also a very fit receptionist at the local gym/pool as I picked up the signing up forms the other day, the only problem is ........ I can't fookin swim

i have been having pains in my right shoulder too for the past few months, during the day when im working it doesnt notice as much as i just get on with the work. but the pain really kicks in at night when im relaxing at home and its even worse in bed. i have tried all sorts of painkillers and anti inflammatory drugs but none seem to work, sometimes using a hot water bottle on the shoulder eases the pain in the short term but it is still extremely painful.
i went to the docs and they did an xray and said i have acromioclavicular joint impingement and that it may eventually need an operation to rectify but that is not an option as it would mean up to a year off work.
i have done a bit of research into the condition and it seems to be quite common in plasterers due to the repetitive nature of our work.
have a look at the following link for more information

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/acromioclavicular-joint-problems

My mate had the same in both shoulders Stan two and a half years on still not plastering and doubts he will again after having them both operated on and has said he wish he had not had them done , he works on a farm at the moment just helping out and it's doing his head in on min wage

Mine aches when mainly doing ceilings or when I've had a week off. Just wear it back in again with more work.

Naproxen, diclofenac all topped off with a little codeine phosphate just to get through a working day right now :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.