should you chip off finish coat before attatching angle bead for a reskim of a wall

oakfront

Hi all, First off, my apologies if this has been asked before. I did scour the forums but can't find the answer anywhere.
I am a diy plasterer and i am attempting to reskim my bedroom walls. I have 3 external corners to bead, my question is if i just attatch the angle bead to the existing wall i think the finish plaster will be proud of my skirting boards. would it be better to remove the old finish plaster on the corners first, then attach the angle bead, or will this not give me enough room to reskim it twice? What do you guys do in this situatation, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Just the corner its hard to tell without seeing it or like said ease the skirting off how bad is it with the skim bead over the top

Hi all, First off, my apologies if this has been asked before. I did scour the forums but can't find the answer anywhere.
I am a diy plasterer and i am attempting to reskim my bedroom walls. I have 3 external corners to bead, my question is if i just attatch the angle bead to the existing wall i think the finish plaster will be proud of my skirting boards. would it be better to remove the old finish plaster on the corners first, then attach the angle bead, or will this not give me enough room to reskim it twice? What do you guys do in this situatation, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Probably got the wrong bead. Put a picture up.

Thanks all, gonna have a bash tomorrow taking your replies into account and see how it goes, i don't want to take the skirtings off if i can help it though, but may have to, i'm going to get some skim beads and see how they go first.