Should we be disappointed with this job?

sjm1924

We've just had an attic wall plastered, and we've noticed a few issues with the finish. Some of these may be due to the plasterer following the frame of the window.

1. Plaster line does not match with window
20201120_193620.jpg

2. The plaster is at more of an angle on one side of the window than the other

20201120_193533.jpg

3. Poor straight line finish at the top of the window

20201120_193550.jpg

I'd be grateful for any feedback, thanks.

We've just had an attic wall plastered, and we've noticed a few issues with the finish. Some of these may be due to the plasterer following the frame of the window.

View attachment 55961

View attachment 55962

View attachment 55964

Very poor work, like Danny says, where the beads

View attachment 55961

View attachment 55962

View attachment 55964

Did you pay?

This is shocking, how they get away with this ? You should have metal edge of the bead visible all the way round, nicely wiped to create sharp corner. Same with internal corners, looks like they never used twitcher in their life...

Looks like beads are on there to me, zoom in
About 8mm coat applied to try and bring walls flush. Joker
Sand it, fill it, sand it, fill it, sand it, paint it
Why is it wet? Is the velux flashing correctly fitted?

View attachment 55961

View attachment 55962

View attachment 55964

Tbh, it actually looks a perfectly decent finish on everything other than around the velux. Did you board it yourself? It's not really any justification to leave the work as s**t as that around the edges but you can't plaster that badly if it was boarded well.

The beads are out of line by about 10mm on the top right corner, no plasterer could of done it that badly unless the boarding was s**t imo and

Ffs the beads are on but they do not match up,I.e mitered up in the corners hence why it looks like there's no beads on,come on guys..the sky light windows is f**k all to do with plasterer thats on the guy who set the roof out I.e joiners..and if you've been caspered it would look alot worse

Thread closed

Ffs the beads are on but they do not match up,I.e mitered up in the corners hence why it looks like there's no beads on,come on guys..the sky light windows is f**k all to do with plasterer thats on the guy who set the roof out I.e joiners..and if you've been caspered it would look alot worse

Thread closed
Yeah, sort of agree, but who ever done the board work should use angle finder to use off the velux frame, leaving them equal...

If youve had it done cheapest quote. Then it's not bad .rub it down ,paint it .vor tell us how much you paid.

Who framed the velux window when it was installed...if the framing was all unlevel it will cause the reveals to be all pissed up like that

View attachment 55961

View attachment 55962

View attachment 55964

Yes , its a poor job from people pretending to be tradesman , its not your fault , just so many around , they just chance there luck and are poorly trained , they dont get a toss its just the money they want , shame but thats the way it is these days

Don’t know enough of what was there. What was asked for and what was payed. Don’t seem to want to say he much was payed. If it was bad you could of easily spent half a day sorting the revels out. I have done that before. But if the dish isn’t there you won’t send the time

The Matey boy in pic 1 who set up the Velux opening on the piss
Matey. Boy In pin pic 2/3 attempt of blending but should of been done before he beaded up
& No corner trowel ownership

your welcome

Tbh, it actually looks a perfectly decent finish on everything other than around the velux. Did you board it yourself? It's not really any justification to leave the work as s**t as that around the edges but you can't plaster that badly if it was boarded well.

The beads are out of line by about 10mm on the top right corner, no plasterer could of done it that badly unless the boarding was s**t imo and
It’s a clown who rolled up to this job it is garbage no pro has set foot on that job

Your welcome