Shortage of plaster

Members online

Suppliers can't keep up with demand, my normal supplier couldn't get boards out for at least 2 weeks, I only wanted 170ffs.

Just to confirm, no strikes or go slow going on at factories ?
Been on the phone a few times to BG to get answers, not answering calls

Someone said last time wickes let there shelves go dry was when all the stores had a refit , I think this is what’s going on as there’s tonnes of plaster stacked to the rafters at proper merchants round here

My local out of bonding other day

We have 3 merchants within 400 metres of each other and the one I have an account with have no board finish and no bonding, went to Travis and they had pallets of it and bonding 60! Lol.
Walls and ceilings international who are down the road supply sites around the country and are struggling with demand, I have to phone them now to see what boards and skim they have as never seen this in 25 years I been using them.

No problems with suppliers down here! Only the fact when you ask them a simple question! Like why ain't you filled the coffee machine up :ROFLMAO:

Do u think they know ,y don’t we phone bg direct n get the plaster, boards etc n forget the merchant ,what do u reckon is it a goer

No there's exactly the same amount of plaster as ever there was, it's just that there's unprecedented demand for the wonderful BG products. That's official.
BULL s**t Travis who I bought eight x 4 Boards from the other day which was a miracle will not have an allocation of plaster till JUNE. I am not a plasterer but was taught to plaster in 1953 at our building college. I have never ever seen a shortage like this. Screwers on Ebay are advertising a bag of Gyp MF £37 a bag which they should be hanged for because that practice is illegal. If they had done 'business' like that during the war they would have been hanged and rightly so.

BULL s**t Travis who I bought eight x 4 Boards from the other day which was a miracle will not have an allocation of plaster till JUNE. I am not a plasterer but was taught to plaster in 1953 at our building college. I have never ever seen a shortage like this. Screwers on Ebay are advertising a bag of Gyp MF £37 a bag which they should be hanged for because that practice is illegal. If they had done 'business' like that during the war they would have been hanged and rightly so.
Someone said last time wickes let there shelves go dry was when all the stores had a refit , I think this is what’s going on as there’s tonnes of plaster stacked to the rafters at proper merchants round here
If it's stacked to the rafters those getting £30+ a bag does not quite make any sense to me. Have I got to travel to Ireland for a bag of finish?

Do you realise how old my post is that you called bullshit on? Do you also realise that I was being sarcastic back then as well?
No didn't think so.

I suppose you know you were replying to a post from aug last year...