Rughead1

Hi gents , I unfortunately decided to build a new house that was supposed to finished march 16 !! Apart from being turned over by the QS over paying the builders We have managed to find some of the worse tradesmen I have ever seen , please can you advise me what you think of the parex render that has been done , the house is ultra modern but the finish to me looks diabolical.
I think people should be made aware of this guy . He promised he would come back to rectify but has ignored all requests , what would you advise to rectify , greatly appreciate advise.

Attachments

• 4A34562A-4B0E-419A-87D5-4100AFB15719.jpeg
    4A34562A-4B0E-419A-87D5-4100AFB15719.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 520
  • B40C565F-F59C-4628-91BC-1B743CFA8007.jpeg
    B40C565F-F59C-4628-91BC-1B743CFA8007.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 535
  • CD6044F8-9662-4CB2-8C7F-DB72CA960091.jpeg
    CD6044F8-9662-4CB2-8C7F-DB72CA960091.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 531
  • 6DA09F70-ADCE-4438-91F0-FEF660A9B370.jpeg
    6DA09F70-ADCE-4438-91F0-FEF660A9B370.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 535
Unfortunately you’ve been the victim of a skimmer who heard he could make better money rendering and thought by watching a few videos could make the switch with relative ease.

Just for your information. 1 of my lads has never attempted to plaster or skim, he can bearly tie his own boots but would put that to shame.

Don’t pay the idiot that did it.

Deduct the cost of materials from the builders bill approx £10 per square metre

Also deduct the cost of removing that from the builders bill £5 per square metre

And ring someone who knows what they are doing, someone whose work you can go and see and who has a good reputation.

Your house is probably worth 10% less than what it should be with $hite rendering

Also to add.

You have 2 options to fix this in the correct way, as PAREX would want you to do.

Remove it all and start again - this might be difficult if they have gone over breeze, but, this is what I’d charge your builder for which is what I’ve quoted above. £10 for wasted materials and £5 for removal.

The other option is to coat the whole property as is with Microgobetis (a liquid primer also made by Parex) re-bead with 10mm beads and then apply another coat of monorex (the finished coat)

A few things to keep in mind with the second option, make sure you have enough additional space around your window frames for an additional 10mm, have a good walk around the property spending 5 minutes in each side looking to make sure you can accommodate another 10mm

Keep the deductions the same £10 materials wasted and then an extra £5 for either the primer or material removal (primer isn’t cheap)

Do not pay, under no circumstance, do not f**k**g pay for that.

thats just one big mess .have it out with the builder i definitely wouldn't pay for that .it needs stripping and re doing

Where you based
Unfortunately you’ve been the victim of a skimmer who heard he could make better money rendering and thought by watching a few videos could make the switch with relative ease.

Just for your information. 1 of my lads has never attempted to plaster or skim, he can bearly tie his own boots but would put that to shame.

Also deduct the cost of removing that from the builders bill £5 per square metre

And ring someone who knows what they are doing, someone whose work you can go and see and who has a good reputation.

Your house is probably worth 10% less than what it should be with $hite rendering
How much do you charge m2 labour only?

For the same render you gave price for materials

It’s a bit of an opened ended question mate.

How long is a piece of string.

We price differently for domestic customers, small builders unknown, known builders, small commercials and larger commercial.

Are we working to spec, do you require a guarantee.

What type of render do you want?

It’s a bit of an opened ended question mate.

How long is a piece of string.

We price differently for domestic customers, small builders unknown, known builders, small commercials and larger commercial.

Are we working to spec, do you require a guarantee.

What type of render do you want?
Are you saying you cut corners if you have to to fit within the budget given by the customer?

Are you saying you cut corners if you have to to fit within the budget given by the customer?

Erm ...... no.

I don’t know what the customers/clients budget is at any time.

We quote for the works and either get it or don’t.

We simply give better prices to clients that’s may give us work in the future or have given us work in the past and obviously there’s quite a difference in mrs Jones house at the end of the street and the first of a block of flats being put up by a commercial contractor.

How did you come up with that from what he says? He’s saying he charges different folk different rates.

I think he’s pulled the line about specification and guarantees.

If they there’s no spec given to me we have a little room to move on experience and knowledge.

If the customer isnt to fussed about a warranty (say a property developer whose flipping) then again we have a little room

If a client expects me to organise a specification on a job, work to the book ans get a manufacturers guarantee they will pay for my time in doing so, therefor the price may differ

Erm ...... no.

I don’t know what the customers/clients budget is at any time.

We quote for the works and either get it or don’t.

We simply give better prices to clients that’s may give us work in the future or have given us work in the past and obviously there’s quite a difference in mrs Jones house at the end of the street and the first of a block of flats being put up by a commercial contractor.

We all have our prices and approach to different customers and more or less hope to get the job wether is mrs johns or large contractor. The difference in price however, will be formed by one constant-time. How long will it take and for how long will it run.
As you can’t say what’s the difference , labour , between the other parex products mentioned above I’ll ask the question again- how much do you charge m2 labour? Shouldn’t be hard for you if you seen the job and know how much would you spend for materials ?

I think he’s pulled the line about specification and guarantees.

If they there’s no spec given to me we have a little room to move on experience and knowledge.

If the customer isnt to fussed about a warranty (say a property developer whose flipping) then again we have a little room

If a client expects me to organise a specification on a job, work to the book ans get a manufacturers guarantee they will pay for my time in doing so, therefor the price may differ
I can pull you on everything and in every direction! Specs or not , warranty or not you leave satisfied customer every time!
You go to mrs Jones and because you don’t have a spec for her house , and you have done it 100 times before with or without spec, you’ll charge more? Guarantee.... even more? Wrong in my book! Your price, however might be quite like mine.

We all have our prices and approach to different customers and more or less hope to get the job wether is mrs johns or large contractor. The difference in price however, will be formed by one constant-time. How long will it take and for how long will it run.
As you can’t say what’s the difference , labour , between the other parex products mentioned above I’ll ask the question again- how much do you charge m2 labour? Shouldn’t be hard for you if you seen the job and know how much would you spend for materials ?

The difference is “what is the benefit of giving this customer a cheaper price when we, as a business get nothing in return, for giving said cheaper price”

Every job and every customer is different and even if they weren’t I wouldn’t give our prices out on an open forum, would you ask Rigsby, would you ask owls..... no. And if you did you’d get the same answer.... mind your f**k**g own.

I can pull you on everything and in every direction! Specs or not , warranty or not you leave satisfied customer every time!
You go to mrs Jones and because you don’t have a spec for her house , and you have done it 100 times before with or without spec, you’ll charge more? Guarantee.... even more? Wrong in my book! Your price, however might be quite like mine.

And we do leave satisfied customers everythime.

I go to mrs Jones house and because mrs Jones only has 1 house, a conservatory to scaffold over and a nice patio to keep clean we price accordingly, which in turn doesn’t aquate to a M2 price for mrs Jones.

We work to general manufacturers specification on all jobs, however we don’t take every single domestic job to the Parex, K-rend, Weber etc reps to spec up because they will add all sorts and take forever to get back to you by which time you have lost the job and will be over priced.

Have you tried to get hold of Luke Pickford, a nightmare, now try doing it 4 times a week to get a spec.

A degree of sensibility has to come in at some point. Experiance on what works and what doesn’t.

I’ve called on Parex with non specced jobs and have got advice, had call outs with no problem, they know us, we do enough for them to know we do a good job and stick to what they would expect.

The difference is “what is the benefit of giving this customer a cheaper price when we, as a business get nothing in return, for giving said cheaper price”

Every job and every customer is different and even if they weren’t I wouldn’t give our prices out on an open forum, would you ask Rigsby, would you ask owls..... no. And if you did you’d get the same answer.... mind your f**k**g own.
Well, to start with Rigsby or owls , to my knowledge, never gave prices on materials let alone labour etc on an open forum!
Second: Rigsby not Owls will leave a s**t job only because they don’t have a spec or someone next to them all day to tell them what to do and how to do it! Ther names are the spec and guarantee !
Third: if you started something on an open forum , down to the smallest detail, you should finish it, because is an open forum and many customers are picking on it, like it or not!
4th: every job is a different, so are the customers, but your quality shouldn’t be affected by it or cut corners for the sake of the difference.
So, ill ask again, you moron, put you labour price next to the materials you gave to the customer on here and the rest that will go through it or shut the f**k up and f**k off!
DICKHEAD!

And we do leave satisfied customers everythime.

I go to mrs Jones house and because mrs Jones only has 1 house, a conservatory to scaffold over and a nice patio to keep clean we price accordingly, which in turn doesn’t aquate to a M2 price for mrs Jones.

We work to general manufacturers specification on all jobs, however we don’t take every single domestic job to the Parex, K-rend, Weber etc reps to spec up because they will add all sorts and take forever to get back to you by which time you have lost the job and will be over priced.

Have you tried to get hold of Luke Pickford, a nightmare, now try doing it 4 times a week to get a spec.

A degree of sensibility has to come in at some point. Experiance on what works and what doesn’t.

I’ve called on Parex with non specced jobs and have got advice, had call outs with no problem, they know us, we do enough for them to know we do a good job and stick to what they would expect.
I think you got it all wrong ! ITS NOT ABOUT YOU YOU YOU YOU!

£5 meter hacking off seems cheap